Clipper app and Windows printers
Author Message
 Clipper app and Windows printers

Hi,

Does any one know a way of a clipper program to get the list of printers
configured in a Win95 or WinNT machine ? And to use them without having to
issue the NET USE commands ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Regards,

Miguel Oliveira

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper app and Windows printers
Sure, you can read the list from the WIN.INI file on each desktop that your
app will be running on.  The easiest way, is to have these printers
pre-captured on each workstation.  How many printers are we talking about
here?

Quote:
>Hi,

>Does any one know a way of a clipper program to get the list of printers
>configured in a Win95 or WinNT machine ? And to use them without having to
>issue the NET USE commands ?

>Thanks in advance for any help !

>Regards,

>Miguel Oliveira

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper app and Windows printers
Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

Are you sure this works ? Ive checked WIN.INI in my NT WorkStation and no
printer appears.

Im talking of 5 of 6 printers in each workstation.

Regards,

Miguel Oliveira

Quote:

>Sure, you can read the list from the WIN.INI file on each desktop that your
>app will be running on.  The easiest way, is to have these printers
>pre-captured on each workstation.  How many printers are we talking about
>here?

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating DOS/Clipper Apps to Windows/Clipper Apps

2. printing from clipper prog in windows env to windows printer

3. Printing Issue - Clipper app to Optra Printer

4. flushing printer buffer from clipper app

5. Windows apps cannot print to HP inkjet printers - HELP

6. printer out to lunch in cpd 2.1 app w/ windows 95

7. Clipper and Windows printers FAQ - updated

8. dos error 3 printing to local printer in windows 2000 - clipper 5.2

9. The Clipper and Windows Printers FAQ

10. Windows ONLY printers and Clipper 5.2e print routines

11. Printer from Clipper to Windows '95

12. Clipper and Windows File+Printer Sharing