New Y2k Issue
Author Message
 New Y2k Issue

I have problems with Y2000 and Clipper 5.01 and the Nantucket Tools,

29.02.2000 is not possible and the two digit input with 00 is 1900

can me help anybody

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Y2k Issue
try adding

SET EPOCH TO 1960
or
SET EPOCH to Year(Date())-50

or something like that.

Julio Olivares

Quote:

> I have problems with Y2000 and Clipper 5.01 and the Nantucket Tools,

> 29.02.2000 is not possible and the two digit input with 00 is 1900

> can me help anybody

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Y2k Issue
For accurate Year 2000 dates, it is wise to always use the 4 digit year.
This is accomplished by the  SET CENTURY ON command.  Both the Epoch
setting and the Century setting should be used.  Epoch to ensure that two
digit dates are translated into proper century dates, and Set Century to
ensure that all dates are displayed with the full 4 digit year.

Regards,
Richard Bivans

Quote:

> try adding

> SET EPOCH TO 1960
> or
> SET EPOCH to Year(Date())-50

> or something like that.

> Julio Olivares

> > I have problems with Y2000 and Clipper 5.01 and the Nantucket Tools,

> > 29.02.2000 is not possible and the two digit input with 00 is 1900

> > can me help anybody

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Y2k Issue
Be careful using SET EPOCH to Year(Date())-50
use a hard coded date such as 1950. If the computer you are running on fails
the year 2000 roll over. and resets itself to 1900 you will have problems
with your epoch setting not recognizing the year 2000.

Quote:
> For accurate Year 2000 dates, it is wise to always use the 4 digit year.
> This is accomplished by the  SET CENTURY ON command.  Both the Epoch
> setting and the Century setting should be used.  Epoch to ensure that two
> digit dates are translated into proper century dates, and Set Century to
> ensure that all dates are displayed with the full 4 digit year.

> Regards,
> Richard Bivans

> > try adding

> > SET EPOCH TO 1960
> > or
> > SET EPOCH to Year(Date())-50

> > or something like that.

> > Julio Olivares

> > > I have problems with Y2000 and Clipper 5.01 and the Nantucket Tools,

> > > 29.02.2000 is not possible and the two digit input with 00 is 1900

> > > can me help anybody

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Y2k Issue

Quote:
>Be careful using SET EPOCH to Year(Date())-50
>use a hard coded date such as 1950. If the computer you are running on fails
>the year 2000 roll over. and resets itself to 1900 you will have problems
>with your epoch setting not recognizing the year 2000.

You need to test and correct hardware independently.

I put a quick test in the front of all software that goes something
like:

if YEAR( DATE() ) < 1999
   pop_msg( 'Your computer date is wrong' )
   quit
endif

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

      The game will never end. For the game is
        life itself, and life is Who We Are.

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New Y2k Issue
WHICH IS THE DATE OF YOUR COMPUTER ?
Put in your prg set century on and try to write 2000 with all digits.
Bye Luca

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OBJECT CURRENTS - Free New Monthly WWW Journal - MANY NEW ISSUES

2. Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!

3. Y2K Issues in CDD for DOS

4. Y2K testing issues with Report Writer

5. Any Y2K issues for CPD v2.1

6. Y2k issue

7. Need Urgent Help- Y2K issue

8. OBJECT CURRENTS - Free New Monthly WWW Journal - MANY NEW ISSUES

9. OBJECT CURRENTS - Free New Monthly WWW Journal - MANY NEW ISSUES

10. Object Currents - Free New Monthly WWW Journal - Many New Issues

11. Y2k Issue

12. Thanks - Y2K PROGRAM CHECKER Issues