Not related to Clipper BUT you my be able to HELP
Author Message
 Not related to Clipper BUT you my be able to HELP

I have a problem.
I have a CD with many Directories ON it.
Every directory contains Pictures.
I have some directories whose names contain special characters, Greek letters
etc. Those Directories I am able to observ ONLY with DOS, but I am not able to
access them, since I am not able to type those special characters, Greek
letters.
Trying to display them with WIndowExplorer or any other window programs, I
don't
even see those directories.
Is there any way to access those directories ?
How can I type special chatracters that I do not have keys for.
I will appreciate if you can give me any ideas.
Thanks
Nick

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:08:04 GMT
 Not related to Clipper BUT you my be able to HELP
Hello.
    What is your OS?
P.Porfiris

Quote:
> I have a problem.
> I have a CD with many Directories ON it.
> Every directory contains Pictures.
> I have some directories whose names contain special characters, Greek
letters
> etc. Those Directories I am able to observ ONLY with DOS, but I am not
able to
> access them, since I am not able to type those special characters, Greek
> letters.
> Trying to display them with WIndowExplorer or any other window programs, I
> don't
> even see those directories.
> Is there any way to access those directories ?
> How can I type special chatracters that I do not have keys for.
> I will appreciate if you can give me any ideas.
> Thanks
> Nick

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 04:58:42 GMT
 Not related to Clipper BUT you my be able to HELP

Quote:
> Hello.
>     What is your OS?
> P.Porfiris

> > I have a problem.
> > I have a CD with many Directories ON it.
> > Every directory contains Pictures.
> > I have some directories whose names contain special characters, Greek
> letters
> > etc. Those Directories I am able to observ ONLY with DOS, but I am not
> able to
> > access them, since I am not able to type those special characters, Greek
> > letters.
> > Trying to display them with WIndowExplorer or any other window programs,
> > don't
> > even see those directories.
> > Is there any way to access those directories ?
> > How can I type special chatracters that I do not have keys for.
> > I will appreciate if you can give me any ideas.
> > Thanks
> > Nick

alt + 255 => space

so you must use the ascii code's , i think

regards , Guido

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 05:26:36 GMT
 Not related to Clipper BUT you my be able to HELP
Hello,
    You also need some system support for internation lang support. Try
looking in the controle panel, add/remove programs, windows instalation and
see if you have multiligial support. If so select Greek, or what ever other
lang you need.

Quote:

> > Hello.
> >     What is your OS?
> > P.Porfiris

> > > I have a problem.
> > > I have a CD with many Directories ON it.
> > > Every directory contains Pictures.
> > > I have some directories whose names contain special characters, Greek
> > letters
> > > etc. Those Directories I am able to observ ONLY with DOS, but I am not
> > able to
> > > access them, since I am not able to type those special characters,
Greek
> > > letters.
> > > Trying to display them with WIndowExplorer or any other window
programs,
> > > don't
> > > even see those directories.
> > > Is there any way to access those directories ?
> > > How can I type special chatracters that I do not have keys for.
> > > I will appreciate if you can give me any ideas.
> > > Thanks
> > > Nick

> alt + 255 => space

> so you must use the ascii code's , i think

> regards , Guido

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 05:39:39 GMT
 Not related to Clipper BUT you my be able to HELP

Quote:
>I have some directories whose names contain special characters, Greek letters
>etc. Those Directories I am able to observ ONLY with DOS, but I am not able to
>access them, since I am not able to type those special characters, Greek
>letters.
>Trying to display them with WIndowExplorer or any other window programs, I
>don't
>even see those directories.
>Is there any way to access those directories ?
>How can I type special chatracters that I do not have keys for.

DOS : Press Alt Gr and type the code ASCII with the NumPad, that's the
way to type special chars : ex Alt-Gr + 225 wil type the letter Beta
(with my codepage 860)

Have you tried to navigate with a Norton-Commander-like program ?
(for exemple Necromancer's Dos Navigator
http://www.necromancer.newmail.ru/ )

I guess your question would be more easily answered in a specific NG,
a windows or DOS one for exemple.

Regards,
Sebas,
Alvicerto, Lda

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 07:18:27 GMT

1. I am not able to read a barcode from a image

2. I am not able to execute new.ccf in coboldpc when I call coboldpc through labview

3. NT related question (not really Python related)

4. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

5. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

6. Not Clarion related - but please help.

7. HELP : Looking for available jobs related to clipper/visual object programming

8. File not being able to close

9. Not able to measure strain using pci 6033 E card

10. Not able to acquire compiler list directly

11. QUIZ: To be or not to be (able to post)

12. not able to use implicit none