Dos error 55 with dos connection
Author Message
 Dos error 55 with dos connection

I use a floppy disk to boot with dos connection on terminals.
When the clipper application start (It open databases at starts), a dos
error 55 appear.  (error 55 refear to this message:  Network device no
longer exist).  The application is opened some of the files but not all.
Files is setting to 110 in config.sys and set clipper is not defined.
--> On windows 98:    It's work great.  I haved sometime this error but I
correct the errorsys.obj and it's all right.
--> On dos connection:      If I correct the errorsys.obj (to retry to
update the connection and dont return dos error 55 immediatly), the
connection won't update and the system stay died.
Is SomeOne can give me precious help?  Thanks!

Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dos error 55 with dos connection
Christian,

Aside from the errorsys.prg work-around, you could try using Blinker 5.1. It
resolved the problem for me. I was getting the error under Win9x on
connections to a WinNT server.

- Kevin.

()()

Quote:

>I use a floppy disk to boot with dos connection on terminals.
>When the clipper application start (It open databases at starts), a dos
>error 55 appear.  (error 55 refear to this message:  Network device no
>longer exist).  The application is opened some of the files but not all.
>Files is setting to 110 in config.sys and set clipper is not defined.
>--> On windows 98:    It's work great.  I haved sometime this error but I
>correct the errorsys.obj and it's all right.
>--> On dos connection:      If I correct the errorsys.obj (to retry to
>update the connection and dont return dos error 55 immediatly), the
>connection won't update and the system stay died.
>Is SomeOne can give me precious help?  Thanks!

Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dos error 55 with dos connection
There is a bug in the MS Client using the full redir with the files on a NT
server.  The only workaround I know of is to use the basic redir on the
client.

Gerald Drouillard
http://www.InventoryInterface.com | MRP software

Quote:
> I use a floppy disk to boot with dos connection on terminals.
> When the clipper application start (It open databases at starts), a dos
> error 55 appear.  (error 55 refear to this message:  Network device no
> longer exist).  The application is opened some of the files but not all.
> Files is setting to 110 in config.sys and set clipper is not defined.
> --> On windows 98:    It's work great.  I haved sometime this error but I
> correct the errorsys.obj and it's all right.
> --> On dos connection:      If I correct the errorsys.obj (to retry to
> update the connection and dont return dos error 55 immediatly), the
> connection won't update and the system stay died.
> Is SomeOne can give me precious help?  Thanks!

Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error DBFNTX/1003 DOS ERROR 55

2. R6003, DOS ERROR 55 and Protected Error 8002

3. ERRO DOS 5 AND ERRO DOS 55

4. Solved DOS ERROR 55

5. Dos error 55 solved

6. DOS ERROR 55 (espa?ol)