corruption detected at dbcommit
Author Message
 corruption detected at dbcommit

Can anyone think of reasons for a corruption detected at dbcommit
other than the database being actually corrupt.

-cl5.3b,  bl 3.3, dbfcdx
-different program occasions, not to be invoked deliberately (to my
knowledge)
-network environment win me

hans

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 03:42:26 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit
Hans,

Quote:
> Can anyone think of reasons for a corruption detected at dbcommit
> other than the database being actually corrupt.

usually this indicates an _index_ corruption, delete the index(es)
and re-build it / them...

Quote:
> -network environment win me

What kind of Server do you have (do you have any) ?

Peer-to-peer networking  is not very stable with a
desktop database system like Clipper and it is most likely
that corruptions occur from time to time.

HTH
Thomas Braun

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:45:06 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit
Hans,

Quote:
> Can anyone think of reasons for a corruption detected at dbcommit
> other than the database being actually corrupt.

usually this indicates an _index_ corruption, delete the index(es)
and re-build it / them...

Quote:
> -network environment win me

What kind of Server do you have (do you have any) ?

Peer-to-peer networking  is not very stable with a
desktop database system like Clipper and it is most likely
that corruptions occur from time to time.

HTH
Thomas Braun

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:45:06 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit
Hans,

Quote:
> Can anyone think of reasons for a corruption detected at dbcommit
> other than the database being actually corrupt.

usually this indicates an _index_ corruption, delete the index(es)
and re-build it / them...

Quote:
> -network environment win me

What kind of Server do you have (do you have any) ?

Peer-to-peer networking  is not very stable with a
desktop database system like Clipper and it is most likely
that corruptions occur from time to time.

HTH
Thomas Braun

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:45:06 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:45:06 +0200, "Thomas Braun [WEGASOFT]"

Quote:

>usually this indicates an _index_ corruption, delete the index(es)
>and re-build it / them...

There are no real corruptions going on (as far as I know) and the
program runs nicely after restarting it. The errors occur only some
1-2 times each month, but just the same I don't like errors.

Hans

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:16:19 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit

Quote:
> Can anyone think of reasons for a corruption detected at dbcommit
> other than the database being actually corrupt.

> -cl5.3b,  bl 3.3, dbfcdx
> -different program occasions, not to be invoked deliberately (to my
> knowledge)
> -network environment win me

> hans

Your aplication write values when DBF is in Eof() state. That makes in
Clipper 5.3 an error RDD(dbfcdx or dbfntx)\1210. In Cl. 5.2 it works fine.
Pleas say in your sorce code. Error is visible after, when you use
dbcommit(), dbGoTop(), dbSkip() and more functions from rdd.

Sorry for my bad english.
Marek Horodyski

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:15:43 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit
Hans,

Quote:
>There are no real corruptions going on (as far as I know) and the
>program runs nicely after restarting it. The errors occur only some
>1-2 times each month, but just the same I don't like errors.

Among other possible explanations ... The problem could be network
related, perhaps a flaky NIC. Are you seeing this corruption on the
same machine every time or are there different machines involved?

Klas

-------
klas dot engwall at engwall dot com

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:57:27 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit

Quote:

>Among other possible explanations ... The problem could be network
>related, perhaps a flaky NIC. Are you seeing this corruption on the
>same machine every time or are there different machines involved?

Looking back in the log files of a customer I see the error occurs on
every machine but most on the machine with the databases (this is the
machine most used also). Also sometimes the error occurs at dbseek() ,
memoedit(), dbgoto().
It seems the problem begins with my clipper 5.01 (NTX) -> clipper 5.3
(CDX) step.

Hans

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 03:34:40 GMT
 corruption detected at dbcommit
Hans,

Quote:
>Looking back in the log files of a customer I see the error occurs on
>every machine but most on the machine with the databases (this is the
>machine most used also). Also sometimes the error occurs at dbseek() ,
>memoedit(), dbgoto().

OK, then we probably can't blame it on the network :-)

Quote:
>It seems the problem begins with my clipper 5.01 (NTX) -> clipper 5.3
>(CDX) step.

While we are in the version department, didn't you say that you use
Blinker 3.3? That linker version is pretty old by now. Maybe it isn't
quite up to the job any more. Just guessing, though, since I upgraded
several years ago.

Klas

-------
klas dot engwall at engwall dot com

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:21:58 GMT

1. DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited

2. Corruption detected

3. DBF File - Corruption detected

4. Urgent Help !! DBFNTX/1012 Corruption detected:

5. CORRUPTION DETECTED ERROR

6. corruption detected ; cl53b-dbfcdx-bl3.3

7. Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

8. Corruption Detected Error on NTX with 2 versions of Clipper 5.2

9. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected error

10. Corruption Detected Help

11. Corruption detected on Novell.

12. Detecting Corruption Deteted Error