Rlock Error !
Author Message
 Rlock Error !

A perfectly debugged application that runs for almost 3 years in many
novell and NT networks, suddently "developed" a bug ! This bug has to do
with repeated "Rlock Failure" messages and phony "Corruption detected"
messages too. Have yopu got any ideas what is happening ?

The application is compiled in 5.2e and linked in blinker 3.0
The network is novell 3.11 with 3 terminals (only)
The bug occurs only in one terminal which has an intel 586-133 processor
and NO hard disk (diskless)

Please give me some suggestions on what to check out...

dzr

Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Rlock Error !

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:49:43 +0300, Diagoras Zarganis

Quote:

>A perfectly debugged application that runs for almost 3 years in many
>novell and NT networks, suddently "developed" a bug ! This bug has to do
>with repeated "Rlock Failure" messages and phony "Corruption detected"
>messages too. Have yopu got any ideas what is happening ?
>The application is compiled in 5.2e and linked in blinker 3.0
>The network is novell 3.11 with 3 terminals (only)
>The bug occurs only in one terminal which has an intel 586-133 processor
>and NO hard disk (diskless)
>Please give me some suggestions on what to check out...

Is the station that fails using VLM or NETX?

(via mail, too)

---

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
        FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

Tue, 29 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How many RLock()s per file under S'87

2. multiple Rlocks()

3. Different offsets for rlock in comix vs. six3

4. How to rlock 2 records ?

5. Any problems using multiple RLOCK()'s?

6. Data corruption from failed rlock()

7. RLOCK() Problem Win95/NetWare 3.12

8. Rlock() wonder..

9. Crystal Reports and Rlocks CA-clipper

10. RLock() on Netware over NT Gateway

11. Rlock()

12. rlock() and dbunlock() in Replaceing DBF