run-time error R6000 - stack overflow error
Author Message
 run-time error R6000 - stack overflow error

Anyone know what this error means?

I am using Blinker 3.2 to produce a dual mode executable.

Machine is a Dell Pentium 166.

Cheers,

Mike

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 run-time error R6000 - stack overflow error

Quote:
>Anyone know what this error means?

>I am using Blinker 3.2 to produce a dual mode executable.

>Machine is a Dell Pentium 166.

Yes, although you will *have* to provide a LOT more information before
we could hazard a guess as to why you're getting the error.

I means, basically, that the CPU stack has reached it's limit.

The most usualy reasons are:

1) You have specified a STACK in your link script which is too small.

2) You have a recursive function that blowing the stack.  Quite common
if you have an error in errorsys.

3) There is a bug in some C/ASM code (3rd party library possible) which
is corrupting the stack.

--
Ian 'DrDebug' Day
Author of MrDebug & MrDebug for Windows

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error-time R6000 stack Overflow

2. $#%$ BLINKER ERROR - Runtime R6000 - stack overflow ????I'm lost

3. Runtime Error M6104, Floating point error:overflow

4. Run Time Error - Internal Error

5. error: stack overflow on 2170 factorial.

6. Stack overflow error

7. Internal Error 667 - Eval Stack Overflow

8. CIN stack overflow error

9. stack overflow errors

10. DEC Ada run-time error messages (Was: More Ashamedness of Ada - this time OBJECT WORLD)

11. Overflow error running DOS programs on PentiumII and Celeron

12. Runtime Error M6104 - Floating point overflow