HELP: Blinker for Dummies!
Author Message
 HELP: Blinker for Dummies!

Hi clipper programmers!
I have recently "inherited" a copy of Blinker 3.01 which I progressively
upgraded to 3.3 via the Oasis. I have no documentation that comes with
it except for the NG. I was wondering if there exists a book (Blinker
for Dummies???) or documents on the net to learn how to use this linker
properly. I've been using RTLink for several years now and when I
substitute BLINKER for RTLINK in simple script files, I get either
errors or the EXE does not EXEcute or whatever...:(
Thank you for your time and have a nice day :)
Patrick Duclos

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Blinker for Dummies!

On Tue, 09 Jun 1998 01:09:17 GMT, Patrick Duclos

Quote:

>Hi clipper programmers!
>I have recently "inherited" a copy of Blinker 3.01 which I progressively
>upgraded to 3.3 via the Oasis. I have no documentation that comes with
>it except for the NG. I was wondering if there exists a book (Blinker
>for Dummies???) or documents on the net to learn how to use this linker

Not that I'm aware of. Due to it's nature, Blinker isn't exactly what
you'd call "off-the-shelf" software. If you have the .ng, that's all
the documentation you really need. Although I have the manual for
Blinker, I don't think I've ever used it... 'cept of course for
reading in the "library".;)

Quote:
>properly. I've been using RTLink for several years now and when I
>substitute BLINKER for RTLINK in simple script files, I get either
>errors or the EXE does not EXEcute or whatever...:(

The linker scripts for RTLink and Blinker are not compatible. I'll
send you a private email and attach a "boiler plate" Blinker script
that I've used for several years.

HTH

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Blinker for Dummies!

: Hi clipper programmers!
: I have recently "inherited" a copy of Blinker 3.01 which I progressively
: upgraded to 3.3 via the Oasis. I have no documentation that comes with
: it except for the NG. I was wondering if there exists a book (Blinker
: for Dummies???) or documents on the net to learn how to use this linker
<snip>

Hi Patrick:
        I acquired Blinker and PBMake both at about the same time.  So far
I have hardly used the BLINKER manual.  Since Phil Barnett, the PBMake
author, uses BLINKER (he has so said in this NG), his make application
automagically (I still love that word!) sorts out any linking oddities.
        PBMake is free from the OASIS and comes with a Norton Guide.

HTH,
Ted Cleaver

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dummy Argument making a dummy of me

2. COMETMP and Blinker 4.10 HELP, HELP, HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

3. Simple task-not simple for Dummy, Help

4. Blinker 3.01 vs Blinker 3.30

5. Blinker 3.3 patch - doesn't work on blinker.ng

6. Exe/Ovl file size and Blinker 4.1 Help

7. GPF IN BLINKER 6, Pls help

8. Help debug clipper 5.3 + blinker 4.10

9. Blinker SWPRUNCMD and NT 4 (help!)

10. Help with Blinker 1220 Swap Error

11. Blinker Help!

12. HELP: Blinker error with CA-Tools