Error TERM / 0 Print error
Author Message
 Error TERM / 0 Print error

Using Clipper 5.2e,  with the linker of you choice,  on a Netware LITE
peer to peer network.

        Serveral ideas have come up, Im still in the dark, I have received
either work arounds to stop the bomb out or delay strategies.  I have
also put together the idea that clipper is not able to send an end of
report marker to the server, and what happens is since all these
reports, documents go to spool files before being printed I think Im
running out of file handles which are being left open.  I got to the
concluson since upping the file handle extends the time until the
problem arises.

If anybody knows any thing about this, all help welcome.

Thanks John Branco

A bit a day keeps the bug away.

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Error TERM / 0 Print error

Quote:
> If anybody knows any thing about this, all help welcome.

It could be that you are not closing off your print session correctly.
Post a snippet of code that shows how you "turn on" and "turn off"
printing. We might be able to see the problem.

--
Dave Pearson                   | w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide Reader.

http://www.acemake.com/hagbard | To download w3ng point your browser at:
Compuserve: 101510,2235        | http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/w3ng.html

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Error TERM / 0 Print error
Im not sure if I understood your problem.  However, here is my 2
cents...

Clipper, when printing to a file will NOT send an eof marker (check the
set printer to command in the documentation).  So what has to be done is
to set printer to, that SENDS and eof marker to the file.

Hope this helps,

Peter Feibert

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Error TERM / 0 Print error

Quote:
>Using Clipper 5.2e,  with the linker of you choice,  on a Netware LITE
>peer to peer network.

Another thing, make sure Netware Lite is patched to the max.  Original
versions were buggy and had problems with printing and memory in re.
some of my Summer 87 stuff.  None of our clients have it anymore, so I
don't know what it does with out Clipper 5.2e PM stuff.  I don't think
Novell makes Netware Lite anymore (they call it Personal Netware now I
believe, and IMHO it still sucks... :) ).

                                                        James

Wed, 02 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)

2. Error TERM / 0 Print error

3. Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.

4. Abort printing at Term 0 error

5. Print term error

6. Term Error printing on COM x in WinNT Wks

7. Term/0 Print error

8. DOS Error 3, TERM/2014 Create error: LPT2.PRN

9. Error BASE/2012 Create error: AC01.DBF (DOS Error 32)

10. Error DBFCDX/1011 Write Error DOS ERROR 6

11. Serial Error 0x4002 (Error 16386, character was lost by overwrite / serial port overrun error)

12. TERM error when entering data