PDA's
Author Message
 PDA's

Does anyone know if a clipper program can run a PDA?  (like a PalmIII)

The sales people are asking for this.

Any details would be welcome.

Scott Burke

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:52:21 GMT
 PDA's

Quote:
> Does anyone know if a clipper program can run a PDA?  (like a PalmIII)

> The sales people are asking for this.

> Any details would be welcome.

No.  It's a completely different architecture.

--
Ray Marron

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:21:04 GMT
 PDA's
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:52:21 +0100, Scott Burke

Quote:

>Does anyone know if a clipper program can run a PDA?  (like a
>PalmIII)

>The sales people are asking for this.

the sales people ask for a _clipper_ program that runs on a PDA???

<sorry, i couldn't resist>

--
Jules Alberts
joolsa atmark maildot com (humans know what to do)

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:34:19 GMT
 PDA's
HA, HA, HA!!

There are lots of development tools out there for the Palm.  You shouldn't
find it to difficult if you need to develop Palm apps.  I use the
CodeWarrior C compiler myself, but here are some other great options.
Here's a good place to start looking http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/tools/.

If your a Delphi programmer take a look at PocketStudio.  It is not released
yet but looks interesting. http://www.pocket-technologies.com/

Jamie

Quote:
> Does anyone know if a clipper program can run a PDA?  (like a PalmIII)

> The sales people are asking for this.

> Any details would be welcome.

> Scott Burke

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:31:47 GMT
 PDA's
Good one....

Where did you say you live?

--
Scott Burke

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:37:59 GMT
 PDA's
WOW!

Now that I am lost.  Any ideals were to start?

What do you use?  Why?

--
Scott Burke

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:42:42 GMT
 PDA's

Quote:

>Good one....

>Where did you say you live?

i didn't, but it's the netherlands.

--
Jules Alberts
joolsa atmark maildot com (humans know what to do)

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:54:24 GMT
 PDA's
To start it depends on were you are coming from.  If you know Basic you
could use NSBasic, Satelite Forms, AppForge (all these use VM's).

I started to use CodeWarrior because I already knew C and it wasn't to hard
for me to learn it.  It also gives me complete access to the Palm API and
doesn't require a VM.   What languages do you know?

Jamie

Quote:
> WOW!

> Now that I am lost.  Any ideals were to start?

> What do you use?  Why?

> --
> Scott Burke

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:53:59 GMT
 PDA's
Clipper,  VBasic, Access

Learning a new language does not scare me.

I looked at a couple of Palm's and it looks like the software is all ROM.
Are only the high end units able to be programmed?

--
Scott Burke

Quote:
> To start it depends on were you are coming from.  If you know Basic you
> could use NSBasic, Satelite Forms, AppForge (all these use VM's).

> I started to use CodeWarrior because I already knew C and it wasn't to
hard
> for me to learn it.  It also gives me complete access to the Palm API and
> doesn't require a VM.   What languages do you know?

> Jamie

> > WOW!

> > Now that I am lost.  Any ideals were to start?

> > What do you use?  Why?

> > --
> > Scott Burke

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:56:04 GMT
 PDA's
The apps that ship with the Palm are included on the ROM.  All Palm devices
also come with 2-8 meg. RAM that can be used to install 3rd party apps.
Take a look at www.palmgear.com for examples of available apps.

Jamie

Quote:
> Clipper,  VBasic, Access

> Learning a new language does not scare me.

> I looked at a couple of Palm's and it looks like the software is all ROM.
> Are only the high end units able to be programmed?

> --
> Scott Burke

> > To start it depends on were you are coming from.  If you know Basic you
> > could use NSBasic, Satelite Forms, AppForge (all these use VM's).

> > I started to use CodeWarrior because I already knew C and it wasn't to
> hard
> > for me to learn it.  It also gives me complete access to the Palm API
and
> > doesn't require a VM.   What languages do you know?

> > Jamie

> > > WOW!

> > > Now that I am lost.  Any ideals were to start?

> > > What do you use?  Why?

> > > --
> > > Scott Burke

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 03:30:58 GMT
 PDA's
Thanks....

--
Scott Burke

Quote:
> The apps that ship with the Palm are included on the ROM.  All Palm
devices
> also come with 2-8 meg. RAM that can be used to install 3rd party apps.
> Take a look at www.palmgear.com for examples of available apps.

> Jamie

> > Clipper,  VBasic, Access

> > Learning a new language does not scare me.

> > I looked at a couple of Palm's and it looks like the software is all
ROM.
> > Are only the high end units able to be programmed?

> > --
> > Scott Burke

> > > To start it depends on were you are coming from.  If you know Basic
you
> > > could use NSBasic, Satelite Forms, AppForge (all these use VM's).

> > > I started to use CodeWarrior because I already knew C and it wasn't to
> > hard
> > > for me to learn it.  It also gives me complete access to the Palm API
> and
> > > doesn't require a VM.   What languages do you know?

> > > Jamie

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:28:35 GMT
 PDA's
Scott,

Another option may be to run a DOS emulator on a Palm or C&E.
I've seen Clipper applications run on these type of Devices. Many
of the DOS emulators are free.  Check with Gary Stark who frequents
comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects.  Heck, I've even seen Gary compile a
Clipper application on a Palm.

Brian
http://www.grafxsoft.com

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:09:09 GMT
 PDA's
Brian

Sounds ugly.

Jamie

Quote:
> Scott,

> Another option may be to run a DOS emulator on a Palm or C&E.
> I've seen Clipper applications run on these type of Devices. Many
> of the DOS emulators are free.  Check with Gary Stark who frequents
> comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects.  Heck, I've even seen Gary compile a
> Clipper application on a Palm.

> Brian
> http://www.grafxsoft.com

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:05:10 GMT
 PDA's
I know Clipper, Access, Basic,  little FoxPro

--
Scott Burke

Quote:
> To start it depends on were you are coming from.  If you know Basic you
> could use NSBasic, Satelite Forms, AppForge (all these use VM's).

> I started to use CodeWarrior because I already knew C and it wasn't to
hard
> for me to learn it.  It also gives me complete access to the Palm API and
> doesn't require a VM.   What languages do you know?

> Jamie

> > WOW!

> > Now that I am lost.  Any ideals were to start?

> > What do you use?  Why?

> > --
> > Scott Burke

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:41:02 GMT

1. FORTH for PDA's

2. PDA's

3. Fortran for Palms and other PDA's

4. tcl for PDA's (again)

5. PDA module - PDA questions

6. Labview PDA, What component does my Windows CE OS needs to run labview PDA

7. Smalltalk on a PDA?

8. PDA port of J or APL

9. Free Palm Pilot PDA

10. Smalltalk in A PDA