TBrowse - Stabilizing the database row with Browse:rowpos.
Author Message
 TBrowse - Stabilizing the database row with Browse:rowpos.

Hai Guys!

  I've been using TBrowse extensively in my apps and often I run into problems.
I dont know how, but I used to get out of them this way or the other.

But now I wish to clarify the point :
How to make TBrowse exactly aware about an APPEND BLANK.
     For example:
         if oBrowse:hitbottom
             append blank
             oBrowse:down()            // is it needed?
             oBrowse:refreshall()      // or refreshcurrent?
          endif

   Should we do a oBrowse:forcestable  // or 'while .not. oBrowse:stabilize()'
to make it okay?

Thanx In Advance for ur comments...

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:37:42 GMT
 TBrowse - Stabilizing the database row with Browse:rowpos.
Jasim

No need for the 'if' statement as the append will put the pointer at the bottom of the DBF

Use the Alias() of the database for clearer code
    xAlias->( DBAppend() )    //    append blank

Quote:
>              oBrowse:down()            // is it needed?

No - but YMMV

Quote:
>              oBrowse:refreshall()      // or refreshcurrent?

Either should work - seeing it depends on whether or not the new record is in scope of any
scope/filter that may be set (then again I don't edit/add/change a record from within a TBrowse).

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:11:07 GMT

1. TBrowse error 31 in obj:stabilize()

2. Tbrowse with rows in different colors

3. How to control row(), col() while GET within tbrowse

4. TBROWSE did not move the current row

5. Row color in Tbrowse

6. TBrowse with 2 rows ?

7. Multiline tbrowse rows