General Protection Fault
Author Message
 General Protection Fault

Hi,
I have a problem with CA-Clipper 5.3b ver. 338 (ExoSpace for
Clipper 5.3 and CA-Clipper Tools). Sometimes the application
exits suddendly, displaying the following message error:
Error[35]: General Protection Fault in C:\...\myprogram.exe at
0DD7:0B39 ....

my config.sys includes the following options:
HIMEM.SYS
EMM386.EXE NOEMS
DOS=HIGH,UMB
FILESHIGH=200 (I need this value to be so high)
BUFFERSHIGH=10

I tried my application on WIN 95, 98 & NT SP5 with the same
result.

Thanks

Filus

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 General Protection Fault

Quote:

> I have a problem with CA-Clipper 5.3b ver. 338 (ExoSpace for Clipper 5.3
> and CA-Clipper Tools). Sometimes the application exits suddendly,
> displaying the following message error: Error[35]: General Protection
> Fault in C:\...\myprogram.exe at 0DD7:0B39 ....

Use the location of the GPF in conjunction with a MAP file produced by the
linker to find the location of the GPF. Once you know where it is happening
you'll stand a chance of eliminating the problem.

I'm assuming that the ExoSpace documentation tells you how to locate a GPF.
Better yet, it might come with a tool to help locate it (Blinker, for
example, comes with BLIGPF).

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. General protection fault???

2. General Protection Fault When Converting Files

3. general protection fault when leaving Clarion

4. General Protection Fault compiling convert.clw

5. Critical VM error (General protection fault - by VM, not in OS)

6. General Protection Faults

7. GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT DETECTED

8. General Protection Fault

9. Ver 2003 General Protection Fault Error

10. VW caused a General Protection Fault

11. Clarion 4 General Protection Fault (WinNT)

12. General Protection Fault Detected