clipper code to import ASCII to a .dbf file
Author Message
 clipper code to import ASCII to a .dbf file

Hello Clipper Experts!

I'm clipper idiots and i have to solve my problems by exporting data
from a 'x' 4th GL (DOS based) to an ASCII format, and create a small
clipper routine to import it to a DBF format for system linking purpose.

Pls give solutions of the best and simple way to do this?

Thanks
limgh

Fri, 26 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper code to import ASCII to a .dbf file

Quote:

> Hello Clipper Experts!

> I'm clipper idiots and i have to solve my problems by exporting data
> from a 'x' 4th GL (DOS based) to an ASCII format, and create a small
> clipper routine to import it to a DBF format for system linking purpose.

> Pls give solutions of the best and simple way to do this?

> Thanks
> limgh

Determine the structure of the export file. Create the import file to
match. Export the data in fixed length format. Use the new import file.
Issue the command:
Append from Export.txt SDF
If you can't create fixed length records, export to a comma-delimited
file and use the command:
Append from Export.txt delimited

Look at the Norton Guides for other options...
HTH,
Mike
The data is imported into the dbf.
--

http://www.vcnet.com/mtaylor/Default.htm - SoCal Quail Unlimited Home
Page

Fri, 26 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed importing Clipper dbf files

2. Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)

3. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (0/1)

4. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (1/1)

5. Trouble importing ascii file into .tps database file.

6. Importing Clipper DBF's

7. Importing Clipper DBF's into Microsoft Access

8. Problem with import of DBF files in CW20

9. Converting/Importing a *.dbf file

10. How to import TXT file into DBF

11. DBU DBF FILE nad FOXPRO 2.6A dbf file

12. importing ascii file