CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper
Author Message
 CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper

Quote:

>Armando, there is a 5,000 byte limit in memo fields, per the manuals.
>I hope this has been expanded with the new update patches but I have
>not tested this in any way.

I think it was expanded but I'm not sure... they mentioned something
about this in one of the readme files that came with the patches
but I can't remember which patch it was.

Anyway, what I'm really interested in knowing is how big
can a DBT be.. Is there a limit in size? I'm using
Summer '87 memo files.

Quote:
>Good luck with the new app.  I have been thinking about dusting off
>dBFast and writing some new code with it but just haven't gotten
>around to it yet.  I, unlike many others, really like dBFast even
>though it brings back memories of S87.  It is an easy to use yet
>fairly powerful program.

Yep, I like dBFast too and I have expanded dBFast with the help
of Borland C++. I wish CA adds to the next version all the
bells and whistles I find in Delphi.

Quote:
>Have a great week

You too

Armando

Quote:
>Warren Lee

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper
Armondo, there is a 5,000 byte limit in memo fields, per the manuals.
I hope this has been expanded with the new update patches but I have
not tested this in any way.

Good luck with the new app.  I have been thinking about dusting off
dBFast and writing some new code with it but just haven't gotten
around to it yet.  I, unlike many others, really like dBFast even
though it brings back memories of S87.  It is an easy to use yet
fairly powerful program.

Have a great week

Warren Lee

AG>I'm writing an application in CA-dBFast for Windows using
AG>Clipper'87 and dbf/dbt/ndx files.

AG>How big can the memo file be.. is there a limit?
AG>Anything else to keep in mind?

AG>Armando

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper '87 Memo limit

2. Clipper '87 memo limit/CA-dBFast 2.0D1 more information

3. CA-dBFast 2.0D1 Talking to progman.exe using DDE

4. About CA-dBFast 2.0D1 (questions)

5. >Using Borland C++ 4.5 with CA-dBFast 2.0d1

6. >How to Create a Browse Window in CA-dBFast 2.0D1

7. About CA-dBFast 2.0D1 support

8. Testing network prgs in CA-Clipper / CA-dBFast

9. >CA-dBFast 3.0 or CA-dBFast95

10. CA-VO or CA-dBFast storing large binary objects

11. CA ftp site (CA-Clipper, CA-dBFast.. dirs available)

12. CA-Clipper 5.3 with CA-Clipper Tools