Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected
Author Message
 Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

Please help me...

According to the error message explanation, this error occur is because the
database (dbf) and the index files (ntx) are out of "sync" with each other.
This is usually due to the index key expression evaluating to a variable
length.

I've tried to open the dbf file without its indexes files, I be able to get
the last record appended correctly, but when I associated its with the
indexes files, the last record couldn't be found (which means the index file
was corrupted).  What's the problem???

The indexes expression are as follow:-
    1) dtos(date) + docno + code + str(seqno,3,0) + hkns
    2) code + dtos(date)

    length of :-
        docno : 10 char
        date    : set century on
        code   : 15 char
        seqno :  3,0 (numeric)
        hkns   : 2 char

I am using WinNT 4.0 (SP 5) as my files sharing server, Win98 and Win95 as
my workstations.

I've make changes to my WinNT's registry as follow (to disable opportunistic
locking):-
    1) EnableOplockForceClose        REG_DWORD    set to 1
    2) EnableOplocks                        REG_DWORD    set to 0 (default
is 1)
and also updated the VREDIR.VXD to my Win95 workstations.

Thank you very much.

Jane (Malaysia)
23/7/00

Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

Quote:

>Please help me...

>According to the error message explanation, this error occur is because the
>database (dbf) and the index files (ntx) are out of "sync" with each other.
>This is usually due to the index key expression evaluating to a variable
>length.

...or not having every index file opened when you alter an indexed
field....just rebuild all the indexes and see if that solves your
problems....works for me.

Quote:

>I've tried to open the dbf file without its indexes files,

...why would you do such a silly thing? If the index files are closed,
they CANNOT be updated when you add/edit/delete records. This is like
trying to clap with only one hand...doesn't make much noise or sense.

Quote:
>I be able to get
>the last record appended correctly, but when I associated its with the
>indexes files, the last record couldn't be found (which means the index file
>was corrupted).  What's the problem???

You MUST have all associated index files open when you change the
database by appending or deleting. You may edit a record without any
index file open ONLY if you don't change a field that is used as part
of an index...but it is not recommended because it gets too hard to
remember where you are...

Quote:

>The indexes expression are as follow:-
>    1) dtos(date) + docno + code + str(seqno,3,0) + hkns
>    2) code + dtos(date)

>    length of :-
>        docno : 10 char
>        date    : set century on
>        code   : 15 char
>        seqno :  3,0 (numeric)
>        hkns   : 2 char

>I am using WinNT 4.0 (SP 5) as my files sharing server, Win98 and Win95 as
>my workstations.

>I've make changes to my WinNT's registry as follow (to disable opportunistic
>locking):-
>    1) EnableOplockForceClose        REG_DWORD    set to 1
>    2) EnableOplocks                        REG_DWORD    set to 0 (default
>is 1)
>and also updated the VREDIR.VXD to my Win95 workstations.

....interesting, but I think your problem is more fundamental as
above....

Quote:
>Thank you very much.

>Jane (Malaysia)
>23/7/00

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
(affordable source recovery available)
(Fix1900 utility available)
(custom hardware interfaces)
www.irvis.nl

Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

Quote:

>According to the error message explanation, this error occur is because the
>database (dbf) and the index files (ntx) are out of "sync" with each other.
>This is usually due to the index key expression evaluating to a variable
>length.

Looking at your indexes, I don't see any variable length.

Quote:
>I've tried to open the dbf file without its indexes files, I be able to get
>the last record appended correctly, but when I associated its with the
>indexes files, the last record couldn't be found (which means the index file
>was corrupted).  What's the problem???

Don't open the dbf without the indexes. Why are you doing this? First
open the dbf and the indexes, THEN do the append.

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

2. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

3. Problem Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

4. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

5. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected error

6. DBFNTX Error 1210 Corruption Detected...

7. DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited

8. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected - Please Help!

9. Corruption Detected ... DBF/NTX 1012 or DBFNTX /1210

10. Help: DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

11. dbfntx/1210 Corruption detected

12. DBFNTX/1210: corruption detected