UNLOCK produces an error
Author Message
 UNLOCK produces an error

Hello,

One of my S'87 programs often gives the error

   Index file corrupted (in index key)

when it reaches a certain UNLOCK statement.

The program runs, alongside other S'87 programs, on a Novell Netware 3.12
network (NetLib library). The other programs, accessing the same data,
never give this error. Can anyone help me?

Arjan Bokx
--
(replace underscore with dash for email reply)

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 UNLOCK produces an error

Quote:

> One of my S'87 programs often gives the error
>    Index file corrupted (in index key)
> when it reaches a certain UNLOCK statement.
> The program runs, alongside other S'87 programs, on a Novell Netware 3.12
> network (NetLib library).

Hi!
Check your code. If you have COMMIT before UNLOCK, DbfNtx will
often fail (my former experience with Clipper 5.01 is the same).
Now I always UNLOCK _before_ COMMIT. It works great.
(I remember Anne posted some time ago that UNLOCK makes COMMIT itself.
Sorry had no time to verify, but it seems true).
--
HTH, Vladimir (kzm11 at geocities dot com)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7762/index.html

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 UNLOCK produces an error

Quote:

> Hello,

> One of my S'87 programs often gives the error

>    Index file corrupted (in index key)

> when it reaches a certain UNLOCK statement.

> The program runs, alongside other S'87 programs, on a Novell Netware
> 3.12
> network (NetLib library). The other programs, accessing the same data,

> never give this error. Can anyone help me?

> Arjan Bokx
> --
> (replace underscore with dash for email reply)

 Hi Arjan,

Are you sure all your indexes files are opened ? If so, why not
re-create your indexes from time to time. Be careful, I think remember
that with Clipper '87, it was better delete the indexes files and
perform an INDEX ON ....TO than a simple REINDEX

HTH

Philippe

--

Philippe Morchain

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7237/
See also : http://www.stack.nl/~lamping/bgevents.htm
    Lista TodoClipper :
    http://www.chez.com/todoclipper

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 UNLOCK produces an error

Hello Arjan
I'm using Clipper 5.002, and I always put things in .BAT-files.

Try starting your 5.002 program with the '//e000' parameter.
Maybe this will stop hurting your indexfiles.

Regards,
Lennart Maarli, Norway

Quote:
Arjan Bokx wrote...
>Hello,

>One of my S'87 programs often gives the error

>   Index file corrupted (in index key)

>when it reaches a certain UNLOCK statement.

>The program runs, alongside other S'87 programs, on a Novell Netware 3.12
>network (NetLib library). The other programs, accessing the same data,
>never give this error. Can anyone help me?

>Arjan Bokx
>--
>(replace underscore with dash for email reply)

Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 UNLOCK produces an error

Quote:

> Arjan Bokx wrote...
> >Hello,

> >One of my S'87 programs often gives the error

> >   Index file corrupted (in index key)

> >when it reaches a certain UNLOCK statement.

> >The program runs, alongside other S'87 programs, on a Novell Netware 3.12
> >network (NetLib library). The other programs, accessing the same data,
> >never give this error. Can anyone help me?

> >Arjan Bokx
> >--
> >(replace underscore with dash for email reply)

> Hello Arjan
> I'm using Clipper 5.002, and I always put things in .BAT-files.

> Example with parameters in a .BAT-file

> Try starting your 5.002 program with the '//e000' parameter.
> Maybe this will stop hurting your indexfiles.

> Regards,
> Lennart Maarli, Norway

Thanks, but:
- My 5.002 program is a Summer'87 program.
- I already use the E0 parameter.

Could you elaborate on why putting a command in a batch file would stop my
poor indexes from getting hurt? Anyone else has this experience?

Anyway, a temporary solution that works is opening all files exclusively,
and getting rid of LOCKs and UNLOCKs. Of course, now all other users must
wait until the exclusive program has finished (and vice versa) but at least
it works...

Arjan Bokx
--
(replace underscore with dash for email reply)

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 UNLOCK produces an error

Hi.

Quote:
>> Arjan Bokx wrote...
>> Could you elaborate on why putting a command in a batch file would stop
my
>> poor indexes from getting hurt? Anyone else has this experience?

That's my way to ensure that the 'E0'-parameter is always used in a larger
network environment. Nothing more .....

Regard,
Lennart Maarli, Norway

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 UNLOCK produces an error

Hi Arjan,

perhaps a look at the Advantage Database Server (ADS) might be worth a
try.
I believe you can find them at www.extendsys.com

Quote:

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unlock Dolphin 4 VE with a Dolphin 4 PRO unlock key

2. Error Unlock Internal 1210

3. Windows 98 / Pentium 3 / Run command produces R6003 Error

4. FM2 produces error on convert or create

5. Telepathy producing BLINKER 1113 error

6. INSTALL script produces error message

7. error analysis/handling/detecting/reporting/preventing/recovery/reproduce/debug

8. Error produced on second instance of the same code (PHP/MySQL related)

9. Form post produces unknown error - HELP!

10. [namespace import *] produces strange error

11. How to get Win95 to produce error messages?

12. runtime distribution files and unlocking evaluation