Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows
Author Message
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows

On some PC's we have a strange problem.
When starting our Clipper-program (linked with Blinker 5.1), we display
starts to print print screens  (countinuously) en the program is blocked.
Does anyone have a solution for this ??

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:40:22 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows
ConXioN,

It could be related to your code in 'loading',
or may be you use: ?

You got to show your code for others to help.

Rgds
Hoe

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:25:51 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows

Quote:
> On some PC's we have a strange problem.
> When starting our Clipper-program (linked with Blinker 5.1), we display
> starts to print print screens  (countinuously) en the program is blocked.
> Does anyone have a solution for this ??

First you need to say what your code is actually doing at the time the
problem occurs. The description you give here is vague at best.

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:53:26 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows
On the PC's that have the problem, the problem doesn't occur always (only
sometimes).
On whitch code-line it starts to print printscreens with "Loading ...", we
do not know.  Between the displaying of "Loading..." on the screen and
blanking the screen out to display something other, these things are done:
some SET ... ON/OFF commands, then declaring some public variables and
opening some files.
I think the problem only occurs with Blinker.

Quote:

> > On some PC's we have a strange problem.
> > When starting our Clipper-program (linked with Blinker 5.1), we display
> > starts to print print screens  (countinuously) en the program is
blocked.
> > Does anyone have a solution for this ??

> First you need to say what your code is actually doing at the time the
> problem occurs. The description you give here is vague at best.

> --
> Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release
functions.
> http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for
Linux.
> http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for
Windows.
> http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:28:15 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows

Quote:
> On the PC's that have the problem, the problem doesn't occur always (only
> sometimes). On whitch code-line it starts to print printscreens with
> the screen and blanking the screen out to display something other, these
> things are done: some SET ... ON/OFF commands, then declaring some public
> variables and opening some files.

What "things" are set with SET?

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:36:49 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows
Set Bell Off
Set Confirm Off
Set Console Off
Set Century On
Set Date French
Set Decimals To 0
Set Deleted On
Set Epoch To 1950
Set Escape On
Set Exact Off
Set Exclusive Off
Set Fixed On
Set Menu Off
Set Score Off
Set SoftSeek On
Set Unique Off
Set Wrap On

Quote:

> > On the PC's that have the problem, the problem doesn't occur always
(only
> > sometimes). On whitch code-line it starts to print printscreens with
> > the screen and blanking the screen out to display something other, these
> > things are done: some SET ... ON/OFF commands, then declaring some
public
> > variables and opening some files.

> What "things" are set with SET?

> --
> Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release
functions.
> http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for
Linux.
> http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for
Windows.
> http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:10:51 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows
I have seen this happen when there was a certain type of index or database
corruption.  It's apparently caused by a stray pointer that accidentally
grabs INT 5 (print screen) recursively - which is never supposed to happen
either.

Almost always this was fixable by rebuilding indices; sometimes you may need
to repair the dbf as well.  If I recall correctly, having many index keys
with the same value made this problem worse.  If you're using Clipper 5.2x
with SIx  or DBFCDX you also need to pay attention to the stack size -
Blinker Procedure Depth must be over 80 (I generally use 110)

Quote:
> On the PC's that have the problem, the problem doesn't occur always (only
> sometimes).
> On whitch code-line it starts to print printscreens with "Loading ...", we
> do not know.  Between the displaying of "Loading..." on the screen and
> blanking the screen out to display something other, these things are done:
> some SET ... ON/OFF commands, then declaring some public variables and
> opening some files.
> I think the problem only occurs with Blinker.

> > > On some PC's we have a strange problem.
> > > When starting our Clipper-program (linked with Blinker 5.1), we
display
> > > starts to print print screens  (countinuously) en the program is
> blocked.
> > > Does anyone have a solution for this ??

> > First you need to say what your code is actually doing at the time the
> > problem occurs. The description you give here is vague at best.

> > --
> > Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release
> functions.
> > http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for
> Linux.
> > http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for
> Windows.
> > http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for
Clipper.

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:47:10 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows
Been there, seen that.
Was wrong libraries, I seem to recollect, probably though bad path statement
or environment variables. Seem to remember it was when we went from S87 to
5.1
Kevin

Quote:
> On some PC's we have a strange problem.
> When starting our Clipper-program (linked with Blinker 5.1), we display
> starts to print print screens  (countinuously) en the program is blocked.
> Does anyone have a solution for this ??

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:15:37 GMT

1. Clipper 5.3b - Blinker 5.1 - Windows NT

2. GPF w/ Clipper 5.3b and Blinker 5.1

3. Problems using Clipper 5.3b + Blinker 5.1

4. Clipper 5.3b + Workbench + Blinker 5.1 on Win2K SP2

5. BLINKER 5.1 + CLIPPER 5.3

6. Clipper DLL's using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 5.10

7. CLIPPER 5.3B / EXOSPACE Vs BLINKER

8. msetcurdor() with protected mode error Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 7.0

9. Clipper 5.3b + Six3 + Blinker 3.3

10. Getting GPF in XP even with Blinker 6.0/Clipper 5.3b

11. clipper 5.3b + blinker + tables with memo fields ( GPF )

12. Blinker 4.10 and clipper 5.3b