Printing on a single user PC system
Author Message
 Printing on a single user PC system

Does anyone here know if there is a ready made solution to the problem
of restarting a printer output listing from e.g. 2 pages back if the
printer has screwed it up ?
Thanks in advance.

---------------

Mon, 23 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing on a single user PC system

Quote:

> Does anyone here know if there is a ready made solution to the problem
> of restarting a printer output listing from e.g. 2 pages back if the
> printer has screwed it up ?

This won't immediately solve your problem, but you may want to have a look
at R&R some day.  You can restart a blown print job where it left off.

    -------------------------------

    -------------------------------

Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing on a single user PC system
I don't now of an easy solution but when I was asked to do this some
years ago I counted the pages as they were printing and if it was a
reprint I would direct the print to a tem file until the appropriate page
had been reached.

Crude but it works

RICH  <*********** Relax Be happy **************>

Tel 01772 316632

Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing on a single user PC system

R>Subject: Re: Printing on a single user PC system

R>I don't now of an easy solution but when I was asked to do this some
R>years ago I counted the pages as they were printing and if it was a
R>reprint I would direct the print to a tem file until the appropriate page
R>had been reached.

Why NOT a NUL file. It also work. It save you in writing any extra code.
---
 t QMPro 1.53 t ... Evolution: God's way of issuing upgrades.

Sat, 28 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting Single user system to Multi

2. enquiry a solution for email system in Japanese languuage for PC user

3. AdaSAGE users and those with PC User Interfaces

4. PIWGs - USer time vs User + System

5. single to double precision for IBM PC

6. User Interface single or multi threaded

7. Working around single-user database access?

8. Single - Multi User

9. single to multi-user

10. From single user to networked !

11. Make Single user apps Networkable Automatically!

12. Cheap Ansi standard Cobol for single user.