MS Word Documents
Author Message
 MS Word Documents

Hello,
    Has anyone been able to create Microsoft  Word 97 documents from
clipper?   We have some old code that let up make WordPerfect 5.0 documents
and for the most part these, import... but we would like to generate Word
documents and use some of the formating available with it.

Thanks for the Info,
K. Latham

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Word Documents
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:44:15 -0500, "ITL Programming Dept."

Quote:

>Hello,
>    Has anyone been able to create Microsoft  Word 97 documents from
>clipper?   We have some old code that let up make WordPerfect 5.0 documents
>and for the most part these, import... but we would like to generate Word
>documents and use some of the formating available with it.

Micro$oft doesn't release the format in a handy doc so up till now
nobody has been able to create a Word Doc generator. If you're up to
it, though, you can become a member of M$DN On Line (it's free, don't
worry) you can get some answers there.

No, take Corel's Wordperfect strategy: they made the format available
in Envoy format and the last time I looked that included the latest
versions. You could consider upgrading to WordPerfect 8.0 if that is
the only trouble ahead.
Or port your app to something M$ish like VB or Access. Takes away the
trouble of making Word Docs because you can define them by ODBC.

What ever you do, work is included!

Wim Kok

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Word Documents

Quote:
>Hello,
>    Has anyone been able to create Microsoft  Word 97 documents from
>clipper?   We have some old code that let up make WordPerfect 5.0 documents
>and for the most part these, import... but we would like to generate Word
>documents and use some of the formating available with it.

>Thanks for the Info,
>K. Latham

>http://www.itlnet.net/

No, but I have create RTF (Rich Text Format) files from QuickBASIC - and if all
you want is to bold, underline and specify a font style it may be what you
need.

These files are simple text files (with tags out the yin-yang for page layouts,
fonts & text attributes and such).  It is a well documented format, I am sure
you can find something doing a search of the net.

Best thing to do is to reverse engineer a document, but bringing your text into
word and doctoring it up and save it as RichText.  Edit the RTF file using
notepad or your favorite text editor to see what word did to enhance your file.

You can use this format in other word processors so your output would not be
limited to one brand or flavor.

You may also want to look at outputting a HTML file, which will expand your
options as well (view the document from a browser, post on the net, etc...)

David Rawheiser
Actium (People & Technology in Action)

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing MS-WORD documents

2. Re : Reading MS Word Document

3. The best solution for printing report into MS Word document

4. Printing Report to MS Word Document

5. Clipper ->MS Word document?

6. Write a MS Word document ?

7. Wanted: module to access MS-Word Documents

8. tcom. Print pages from MS Word document

9. Code to recognize MS-Word document files?

10. Can I attach an MS WORD Document to an record ?

11. How do I take a screenshot of a block diagram to be used in a MS Word document?

12. Reading from MS Word and Excel documents