Print .BMP in Clip 5.2 DOS app?
Author Message
 Print .BMP in Clip 5.2 DOS app?

Is it possible to print a .bmp file from within a Clipper 5.2 DOS
application?  If so how?

Thanks,
Steve

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Print .BMP in Clip 5.2 DOS app?

Quote:
>Is it possible to print a .bmp file from within a Clipper 5.2 DOS
>application?  If so how?

Open the BMP file read the header and read the pixels and print them
to the printer or use a library like Luxent Image library.

Steven

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Print .BMP in Clip 5.2 DOS app?

Quote:

>>Is it possible to print a .bmp file from within a Clipper 5.2 DOS
>>application?  If so how?

>Open the BMP file read the header and read the pixels and print them
>to the printer or use a library like Luxent Image library.

>Steven

Are there any other way of printing BMP, PCX, JPG, etc without using
3rd party libs?

Source codes with on the above is much appreciated!

Thanks.

Johnny Lim
Malaysia

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Print .BMP in Clip 5.2 DOS app?
You can create a .prn file that contains only the rendered image and copy it
to the printer.

I've used this technique for complex forms, and can then print normally
after the form is loaded on the page in printer memory.  The biggest problem
is having versions for every different printer.  This does require a
separate application to produce the .prn file instead of a 3rd party product
and also requires an addressable printer (PCL/postscript).

However you do it, it's infinitely easier to use a good 3rd party library; I
use Escape! - simple call to hpPCX(...)

If you're not using a PCL printer, Escape! is of no use.  However, copying
the .prn file will work for any printer.

Quote:

>>>Is it possible to print a .bmp file from within a Clipper 5.2 DOS
>>>application?  If so how?

>>Open the BMP file read the header and read the pixels and print them
>>to the printer or use a library like Luxent Image library.

>>Steven

>Are there any other way of printing BMP, PCX, JPG, etc without using
>3rd party libs?

>Source codes with on the above is much appreciated!

>Thanks.

>Johnny Lim
>Malaysia

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Print .BMP in Clip 5.2 DOS app?
Johnny,

        I wrote a utility to print BMP files to HP PCL5 printers a couple of months back.
It reads the file and sends it to the printer.  Works for mono or 16 colors BMPs.  Want
it? drop me a line...

Alain Boucher
ACTI-$OFT(r)

Quote:

> >>Open the BMP file read the header and read the pixels and print them
> >>to the printer or use a library like Luxent Image library.

> >>Steven

> >Are there any other way of printing BMP, PCX, JPG, etc without using
> >3rd party libs?

> >Source codes with on the above is much appreciated!

> >Thanks.

> >Johnny Lim
> >Malaysia

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. need to print BMP file to HP PCL5 printer via Clipper 5.2

2. HOWTO move dos 5.2 dbase app to 2000\XP

3. NT Printing Slow From Clipper 5.2 App

4. dos error 3 printing to local printer in windows 2000 - clipper 5.2

5. Print a .PCX or .BMP in Clipper Apps.

6. Clip 5.3 DOS App Crawls under Win 95 and NT Network

7. Prot mode Clip app in OS/2 dos box

8. Slow Down for Novell/Clip 5.2

9. setting date within Clip 5.2 code

10. HP 720 series & clip 5.2 problems