Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Author Message
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP

My applicatins works good in windows mode but does not work
in full screen mode. A screen of application is visible on top half of
computer monitor. Sometimes application breakes .
It's occur only on Windows XP.
A cause is a graphic card, I suppose.
What have I do ?
--
Direct access to this group with http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 04:45:42 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Andrzej
All you have to do is Right Click on Application Icon
Select Properties
tick the Close on Exit
Select "Screen Tab"
    set Usage to "Full Screen"
    Windows - "Restore Settings at start-up
save Apply
Save

This should give you a lovely full screen
Should you still wrestle with it
Click on Top bar of reduced screen  - you should have a pull down menu -
fiddle with that a bit and you will get it working OK
All the best - (I wrestled with the thing at first too) - but it does work
nicely once you have perfected your technique.
--
Best regards
Colin Bompas

Quote:
> My applicatins works good in windows mode but does not work
> in full screen mode. A screen of application is visible on top half of
> computer monitor. Sometimes application breakes .
> It's occur only on Windows XP.
> A cause is a graphic card, I suppose.
> What have I do ?
> --
> Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com
> http://web2news.com/?comp.lang.clipper
> To contact in private, remove n1osp1pa-2m

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 05:09:26 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
ALT+ENTER would help.

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 06:42:36 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Hi,

write a batch-file to start your application with the following line:

mode con:cols=80 lines=25

before your program starts. This will work.

Greetings

Reinhold

Quote:

> My applicatins works good in windows mode but does not work
> in full screen mode. A screen of application is visible on top half of
> computer monitor. Sometimes application breakes .
> It's occur only on Windows XP.
> A cause is a graphic card, I suppose.
> What have I do ?

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:39:31 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Sorry Reinhold, but WinXP does not recognise "mode".  Seems like "someone"
is attempting to stamp out the old DOS influence.
 Best regards
Colin Bompas
Associated Software Consultants cc
031 2669381  0834598459

Quote:
> Hi,

> write a batch-file to start your application with the following line:

> mode con:cols=80 lines=25

> before your program starts. This will work.

> Greetings

> Reinhold

Quote:
> > My applicatins works good in windows mode but does not work
> > in full screen mode. A screen of application is visible on top half of
> > computer monitor. Sometimes application breakes .
> > It's occur only on Windows XP.
> > A cause is a graphic card, I suppose.
> > What have I do ?

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:22:24 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP

Originally posted by Reinhold Schier

Quote:
> Hi,

> write a batch-file to start your application with the following line:

> mode con:cols=80 lines=25

I know the lines could be 25,43,50, but is here anybody who knows all
the available parameters?

Tibor Antal
Budapest
Hungary

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:41:15 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Andrzej

When you run app make sure it's in a window
Select the system menu of the DOS window
Select the Default menu item ->Layout tab adjust the lines/columns to 80/25
Select the Properties menu item ->Layout tab adjust the lines/columns to 80/25

That will fix it for your app.

If you do the same for the _default.pif in the Windows Install (C:\Windows??) directory you'll fix
it for all apps that use a DOS window (that don't already have a .pif file).

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:54:54 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Hi Colin,
what do you get when you enter (for example) mode con:cols=20 lines=20
at a DOS-Box in WinXP ?
My box is changing its size as entered in the mode statement!

Greetings
Reinhold

Quote:

> Sorry Reinhold, but WinXP does not recognise "mode".  Seems like "someone"
> is attempting to stamp out the old DOS influence.
>  Best regards
> Colin Bompas
> Associated Software Consultants cc
> 031 2669381  0834598459

> > Hi,

> > write a batch-file to start your application with the following line:

> > mode con:cols=80 lines=25

> > before your program starts. This will work.

> > Greetings

> > Reinhold

> > > My applicatins works good in windows mode but does not work
> > > in full screen mode. A screen of application is visible on top half of
> > > computer monitor. Sometimes application breakes .
> > > It's occur only on Windows XP.
> > > A cause is a graphic card, I suppose.
> > > What have I do ?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:58:22 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
perfectly! it works even on my win98!
i thought about "mode con:" as a relict from old dos, designed
only for old cga screens, so i was adjusting box size by mouse,
toolbar and property.
but this is much easier, only key-touche.
(of course, on win98 it works only for predefined values)
but yes, on xp, it works nicely for every screen width, even for 13 columns
(not an advicable number)

Quote:
> Hi Colin,
> what do you get when you enter (for example) mode con:cols=20 lines=20
> at a DOS-Box in WinXP ?
> My box is changing its size as entered in the mode statement!

> Greetings
> Reinhold

Quote:
> > Sorry Reinhold, but WinXP does not recognise "mode".  Seems like
"someone"
> > is attempting to stamp out the old DOS influence.
> >  Best regards
> > Colin Bompas
> > Associated Software Consultants cc
> > 031 2669381  0834598459

> > > Hi,

> > > write a batch-file to start your application with the following line:

> > > mode con:cols=80 lines=25

> > > before your program starts. This will work.

> > > Greetings

> > > Reinhold

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:57:51 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
I also use XP and came across the same problem. I am not sure why it occurs
but there is a way around it - Open the application in windows mode but
press ALT-ENTER (holding down ALT and pressing ENTER at the same time) and
this will take your screen to full screen mode.
Hope this helps.

Quote:
> My applicatins works good in windows mode but does not work
> in full screen mode. A screen of application is visible on top half of
> computer monitor. Sometimes application breakes .
> It's occur only on Windows XP.
> A cause is a graphic card, I suppose.
> What have I do ?
> --
> Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com
> http://web2news.com/?comp.lang.clipper
> To contact in private, remove n1osp1pa-2m

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:50:51 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Stephen,

Quote:
> When you run app make sure it's in a window
> Select the system menu of the DOS window
> Select the Default menu item ->Layout tab adjust the lines/columns to
80/25
> Select the Properties menu item ->Layout tab adjust the lines/columns to
80/25

> That will fix it for your app.

Not mine.  It works for the current session but after I close it out it is
gone.  Next time I click the icon I get a small window again.

Mike

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:38:20 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Hi AndrzejB,

you can also use the SetMode() Function in Clipper to set
the scrren to 80x25 instead of using the mode command.

cheers, Markus

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:47:41 GMT
 Clipper application does not work on full screen of Windows XP
Hello Andrzej,

You must do the operations in THIS order and it will work :

1. Before to run the application, right click on the Application Icon;
     Select Properties;
     In the tab 'Screen', tick  Window;
     click OK;

2. Run the Application (it is now in window mode);
    Right click again on the Application Icon;
    Select Properties;
     Now, in the tab 'Screen', tick  Full Screen;
     click OK;

3. Right click on the title bar of the window of your application;
     Select Full Screen in the display Options;
     click OK;
     Now, a little window appears : select "Save properties for future
Windows with the same title" and OK;

-> Now your application will allways run in full screen.
(don't modify any other parameter...)

Sybille.

Quote:
> My applicatins works good in windows mode but does not work
> in full screen mode. A screen of application is visible on top half of
> computer monitor. Sometimes application breakes .
> It's occur only on Windows XP.
> A cause is a graphic card, I suppose.
> What have I do ?
> --
> Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com
> http://web2news.com/?comp.lang.clipper
> To contact in private, remove n1osp1pa-2m

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:15:29 GMT

 [ 24 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. An application in Clipper 5.3 does not work in full scrren mode at XP Windows

2. Windows XP and Clipper app : Small Screen

3. problem with clipper database application under Windows XP

4. Database Variant To Data does not work with windows XP

5. expect command does not work on windows XP

6. Controlling a program via a pipe works with tclsh but not with wish (on Windows XP)

7. XP and Dos Full Screen freeze

8. Full screen under XP home

9. Win XP in full screen mode

10. Win XP - Full Screen

11. Full screen in XP

12. Clipper Application Not Run On Windows NT 4.0