DOS ERROR 55 under WIN95 .AND. NT
Author Message
 DOS ERROR 55 under WIN95 .AND. NT

Hello,

Our clients are receiving a clipper error 55 ( Unable to locate network
device ) when running our application under windows 95.  Most of our
clients have either a NT server or Win 95 peer to peer.

Gerard

Sun, 01 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS ERROR 55 under WIN95 .AND. NT

Quote:

> Hello,

> Our clients are receiving a clipper error 55 ( Unable to locate network
> device ) when running our application under windows 95.  Most of our
> clients have either a NT server or Win 95 peer to peer.

Try with files=255 in config.sys, or in the config.<app> if you are
using this method.

Strange -- The problem you've pointed out -- disappeared from my
clients, when they got over to W'95 under NT Server 3.51.
Then, the problem was in the WfW 3.11 network client driver.

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

2. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55

3. dos error 55, NT server HELP!!!

4. Windows NT, Clipper, DOS Error 55

5. Dos Error 2/55 on NT Server

6. Dos Error 55 and NT

7. DOS error 55 & Windows NT 3.51

8. Dos error 55 with dos connection

9. Error DBFNTX/1003 DOS ERROR 55

10. R6003, DOS ERROR 55 and Protected Error 8002

11. DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.

12. DOS erorr 55 on win95 net.