clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt 
Author Message
 clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt

hi,
a protected mode program (clipper 5.2e, blinker 3.3) in a network
(nt4-clients sp6a, nt4-server sp6a, tcpip) only starts in a window.
programstart in full
screen mode results in a black screen wich a blinking cursor and there
is no
error message. it is possible to start the application in window mode
and
then switch to full screen mode.
the nt-clients are different pentium II pcs from 233 to 350 Mhz. win 95
clients have no problems in this network.
there are also some other networks with nt-clients with the same
application, but without this problems.

any ideas for a solution?

--
Wolfgang Hohmann
Athos Unternehmensberatung GmbH
Planiestr 13
71063 Sindelfingen

telefon: 07031-7997-13
fax: 07031-7997-30

Internet: www.athos.com



Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt
Did you try Alt+Enter?

--
Srgio Gra?a


Quote:
> hi,
> a protected mode program (clipper 5.2e, blinker 3.3) in a network
> (nt4-clients sp6a, nt4-server sp6a, tcpip) only starts in a window.
> programstart in full
> screen mode results in a black screen wich a blinking cursor and there
> is no
> error message. it is possible to start the application in window mode
> and
> then switch to full screen mode.
> the nt-clients are different pentium II pcs from 233 to 350 Mhz. win 95
> clients have no problems in this network.
> there are also some other networks with nt-clients with the same
> application, but without this problems.

> any ideas for a solution?

> --
> Wolfgang Hohmann
> Athos Unternehmensberatung GmbH
> Planiestr 13
> 71063 Sindelfingen

> telefon: 07031-7997-13
> fax: 07031-7997-30

> Internet: www.athos.com



Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt

Quote:

>hi,
>a protected mode program (clipper 5.2e, blinker 3.3) in a network
>(nt4-clients sp6a, nt4-server sp6a, tcpip) only starts in a window.
>programstart in full
>screen mode results in a black screen wich a blinking cursor and there
>is no
>error message. it is possible to start the application in window mode
>and
>then switch to full screen mode.
>the nt-clients are different pentium II pcs from 233 to 350 Mhz. win 95
>clients have no problems in this network.
>there are also some other networks with nt-clients with the same
>application, but without this problems.

>any ideas for a solution?

Hi Wolfgang,

Presumably, you have thought to right click on your program icon and
selected properties and then screen and then clicked window under
usage?

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>--
>Wolfgang Hohmann
>Athos Unternehmensberatung GmbH
>Planiestr 13
>71063 Sindelfingen

>telefon: 07031-7997-13
>fax: 07031-7997-30

>Internet: www.athos.com



Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt



Quote:

>>hi,
>>a protected mode program (clipper 5.2e, blinker 3.3) in a network
>>(nt4-clients sp6a, nt4-server sp6a, tcpip) only starts in a window.
>>programstart in full
>>screen mode results in a black screen wich a blinking cursor and there
>>is no
>>error message. it is possible to start the application in window mode
>>and
>>then switch to full screen mode.
>>the nt-clients are different pentium II pcs from 233 to 350 Mhz. win 95
>>clients have no problems in this network.
>>there are also some other networks with nt-clients with the same
>>application, but without this problems.

>>any ideas for a solution?

>Hi Wolfgang,

>Presumably, you have thought to right click on your program icon and
>selected properties and then screen and then clicked window under
>usage?

>Regards,

>Ross McKenzie
>ValuSoft
>Melbourne Australia

hi,
sorry, i have not described my problem good. after starting the
clipper application in full screen the program crashes without a error
message. with nt-client, in a window, the application starts without a
problem. when the program is started its possible to switch to full
screen without any problems.
the program crashes before any clippersourcecode is active.
this problem exists in 2 of 30 network (one with novell 5 and one with
ntserver) and all nt4-clients in these networks are affected.

regards

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>>--
>>Wolfgang Hohmann
>>Athos Unternehmensberatung GmbH
>>Planiestr 13
>>71063 Sindelfingen

>>telefon: 07031-7997-13
>>fax: 07031-7997-30

>>Internet: www.athos.com



Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt
Wolfgang

What happens when you start it in a full screen DOS window, do you get an
error message??

I mean start a DOS session and then start your app from the command line.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn
The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.
Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.



Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 10:58:46 +1000, "Stephen Quinn"

Quote:

>Wolfgang

>What happens when you start it in a full screen DOS window, do you get an
>error message??

>I mean start a DOS session and then start your app from the command line.

stephen

no, i dont get an error message (no clipper, no gpf, no network
message), when i start the app from the command line, only a blinking
cursor. i can only stop the{*filter*} app with the taskmanager.

wolfgang



Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt
Wolfgang

How far do you get in the de{*filter*} then??
Which libs are you using??
Are you using a graphics library??
ie LightLib, Ferns, any other

Do you have the latest video drivers for your card??
I ask because I had trouble getting a video card & monitor to sync when
switching to graphic mode in an app - ended up replacing the video card.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn
The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.
Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.



Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. printing from program compiled in clipper 5.2e in window's 95 environment

2. Clipper DLL's using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 5.10

3. clipper program doesn'nt work correctly

4. HELP!!!! Clipper 5.2e on NT

5. Configuring Clipper (5.2e) on NT

6. Clipper 5.2e under NT 4.0?

7. Clipper 5.2e and Windows NT

8. Clipper 5.2e Locking up NT Workstation (Help wanted)

9. Clipper 5.2e and NT shared printers

10. Timeslice problems with the good Clipper 5.2e and (Windoof NT 3.51) Citrix Winframe 1.7

11. Clipper 5.2e under NT in conjunction with C routines and Microsoft C v6*

12. Converting Clipper 5.2e app to run under NT

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software