Clipper 5.2E Debugger & Win95
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2E Debugger & Win95

I have moved to Win95 (ugh!) and have been having problems
in trying to run my compiled program in debug.  I am not a
novice (been around Clipper for 4+ years).

My problem seems to been the that the DOS window is not a
true DOS environment.  The DOS mem.exe program shows 611K of
free memory and doesn't show any "funny" things.  But when a
execute my program with the de{*filter*} (CLD filename.exe) the
de{*filter*} will stop at various lines as it seems fit; just
stop -- no errors (the F5 key will let me continue).  Other
times, I'll get a report (from Win95) that an invalid
instruction has been attempted.  Just real weird.  But I run
it again and everything may be fine.  The .EXE (by itself)
runs just fine (it's older 5.2E code that is fairly well
written).

Anyone have any ides?  TIA

Keith

Does anyone know what the settings for the DOS box should
be?  Should the amount of memory that Clipper "sees" be
restricted?

Wed, 30 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2E Debugger & Win95

Keith,

FWIW - consider option of linking with protected mode linker/de{*filter*}
(Exospace, Blinker), if you got one.

HTH,

-- Edis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eduardas Tamoshauskas

http://www.*-*-*.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D O N ' T   G E T    V I R T U A L !

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

2. Clipper debugger 5.2e won't work with Win95

3. 5.2e debugger/Win95

4. HELP: Clipper 5.2e debugger very slow to appear under W2KPro

5. Clipper 5.2e debugger, Blinker6.0

6. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55

7. clipper 5.2e win95 dosbox printing

8. Win95 Freeze up with Clipper 5.2e

9. Win95, NT 4.0 Server, Clipper 5.2e - NEED HELP - URGENT

10. Clipper 5.2e apps and Win 3.11 / Win95

11. Clipper 5.2E under Win95

12. Clipper 5.2e and Win95 network