Network Broadcast messages in Windows
Author Message
 Network Broadcast messages in Windows

I currently use Clipper 5.2D and Novlib in an application which
monitors Network broadcast messages from Novell fileservers.
I want to move the application to Windows and have obtained Clip4Win
to help me. Unfortunately I cannot find a way of intercepting the
broadcast messages, The functions MsgMode() and MsgGet() are great in
DOS but don't work with Windows, broadcast msgs just appear in a message
box. How can I get the messages into my prog ??????????

John

Tue, 27 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Network Broadcast messages in Windows
THIS IS A REPOST
Can anybody help or suggest where we might find the
answer to the following problem ??
Quote:

> I currently use Clipper 5.2D and Novlib in an application which
> monitors Network broadcast messages from Novell fileservers.
> I want to move the application to Windows and have obtained Clip4Win
> to help me. Unfortunately I cannot find a way of intercepting the
> broadcast messages, The functions MsgMode() and MsgGet() are great in
> DOS but don't work with Windows, broadcast msgs just appear in a message
> box. How can I get the messages into my prog ??????????

> John

Fri, 06 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Broadcasting over a local network ?

2. How to do a broadcast message in ENVY ?

3. Broadcasting Messages

4. broadcasting a UDP message

5. UDP and broadcast on Windows?

6. Posting messages over network

7. Network error Message Error 50

8. Send message through NT network.

9. Network messaging via Tcl?

10. tcl mouse messages across network

11. Network File System Client for Windows 98

12. VAST: AbtSocketStream over Windows dialup networking