Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

Quote:

> Are there any settings I should think of on a w98 workstation?

> A program running fine on w95 + Novell 3, now regularly terminates
> on w98 machines at a client.

Define "terminates". How does it "terminate"? Are there any error messages?
Is it a run-time error? Is it an internal error? Is it an application GPF?
Does the DOS box throw a GPF?

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

Quote:

>> > Are there any settings I should think of on a w98 workstation?

>> > A program running fine on w95 + Novell 3, now regularly terminates
>> > on w98 machines at a client.

>> Define "terminates". How does it "terminate"? Are there any error messages?
>> Is it a run-time error? Is it an internal error? Is it an application GPF?
>> Does the DOS box throw a GPF?

>No gpf. Users can't give me a message. The dos box disappears too
>quickly for that.
>I've not went to the client yet. It's probably an internal error.

Hmm, there are several possibilities:

1) NIC drivers - make sure you use the manufacturers, not the W98
ones.

2) Set the frame type explicitly in Network / IPX/SPX-compatible
protocol / Advanced to the one used by the server (usually 802.2) -
not Auto (the default).

3) Apply the latest patch (IWSP6 ?) from www.support.novell.com

HTH
--
Nick Ramsay
WitzEnd Computer Services

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4
Here's what you can have your users do to let them report the error
message to you: Right click on the program icon, then select
Properties. On the Program tab, uncheck the "Close on exit" item.
Then click on Ok. Now when they double click on your program icon,
the DOS box will stay open after your program terminates.
--
David G. Holm, Member
Joint Software Development L.L.C

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

Quote:

>> > Are there any settings I should think of on a w98 workstation?

>> > A program running fine on w95 + Novell 3, now regularly terminates
>> > on w98 machines at a client.

>> Define "terminates". How does it "terminate"? Are there any error messages?
>> Is it a run-time error? Is it an internal error? Is it an application GPF?
>> Does the DOS box throw a GPF?

>No gpf. Users can't give me a message. The dos box disappears too
>quickly for that.
>I've not went to the client yet. It's probably an internal error.

Have them run the process from an already open DOS prompt, rather than
from an icon. Then, you will see the error message.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

         Your willpower is the steering wheel and
      accelerator of what happens next in your life.

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

2. Eten Chinese System 3.52, Clipper 5.2e, Exospace 1.0g, Clipper Tools 3.0b Problem

3. Clipper 5.2e, Clipper Tools and Novell 5 ???

4. Clipper 5.2e+exospace in NT4

5. Exospace for Clipper 5.2e

6. Linking clipper 5.2e with Exospace

7. Clipper 5.2e/Exospace 1.0g under Windows

8. Clipper 5.2e, Exospace and Win NT 3.51

9. Win95 network+ExoSpace 1.0g+Clipper 5.2e problem

10. clipper 5.2e + exospace + win (95) problem

11. CLIPPER 5.2E, EXOSPACE VS NETWARE 4.1

12. Novell 3.12 - Clipper 5.2e - JetDirect