Unrecoverable error 24: Write error -- Win 95 only
Author Message
 Unrecoverable error 24: Write error -- Win 95 only

We're getting an "Unrecoverable error 24: Write error" when issuing a
call to ordlistclear() on workstations running Windows 95. The problem
does not occur on Win NT workstations and seems specific to '95 (haven't
run the code on '98). The NG file for "internal errors" cites the
possibility of insufficient disk space, number of directory entries or
inadequate network rights. The temporary index files involved are
written to directories on local drives with adequate disk space etc.
Code is written in Clipper 5.2e. Would greatly appreciate and ideas or
help to solve this problem. TIA -- Bill

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Unrecoverable error 24: Write error -- Win 95 only
Bill

Quote:
> inadequate network rights. The temporary index files involved are
> written to directories on local drives with adequate disk space etc.
> Code is written in Clipper 5.2e. Would greatly appreciate and ideas or

What's 'adequate disk space' in this case??

I've had problems on Win95 with 20M of disk space left.
Make sure there is approx. 1.5 times the amount of disk available as there
is memory (for swap space)
Eg
16M ram - ~25M disk
32M ram - ~40-45M

Does the temp directory exist??

What else is loaded in memory??
What's in config.sys??

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Mon, 12 May 2003 06:36:17 GMT

1. ORDCREATE(0) Unrecoverable error 24: write error

2. Unrecoverable error 24: write error

3. Help - Unrecoverable error 24

4. Unrecoverable Error 24

5. Error DBFNTX/1003 and 1001, DOS Error 4 in Win 95

6. Netzwork error 55 with Win 3.x or Win 95 and Exospace

7. Help! Write error # 24

8. Clipper and Write Error 24

9. (b)INITHANDL$ (0) Unrecoverable error 650: Error.

10. Error deploying to Win 95

11. Betrieve Errors with Win 95 (OSR-2) ???

12. Clarion 2.1 (dos) error with WIN 95 --- please help ---