Alaska xBase++
Author Message
 Alaska xBase++

Anyone using Alaska xBase++?  What are your thoughts and observations about
it, and especially are there any "gotcha's" I need to be concerned with?

TIA.

John Wm Beckner

Droege Computing Services Inc
919-403-9459 voice
919-403-8199 fax

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alaska xBase++

I like it.  This next patch should take care of most of the kinks.

--
Gordon Hamm
Voice Data Systems Inc.

Quote:

>Anyone using Alaska xBase++?  What are your thoughts and observations about
>it, and especially are there any "gotcha's" I need to be concerned with?

>TIA.

>John Wm Beckner

>Droege Computing Services Inc
>919-403-9459 voice
>919-403-8199 fax

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alaska xBase++

Quote:

> Anyone using Alaska xBase++?  What are your thoughts and observations
> about it, and especially are there any "gotcha's" I need to be concerned
> with?

If you've used Class(y) in your existing Clipper applications you might want
to look at my Xbase++ page. See URL for .sig.

Actually, this has got me thinking, perhaps there is some scope for a
general "Clipper to Xbase++ gotcha" document? I know that the manual lists
the differences between Clipper and Xbase++, then again, it also lists the
differences between Xbase++ and Class(y) while not listing most of the
differences so perhaps it also misses out some gotchas with Clipper too?

Anyone up for it?

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |     w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |  ng2html - The NG to HTML converter.

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alaska xBase++

Quote:
> Actually, this has got me thinking, perhaps there is some scope for a
> general "Clipper to Xbase++ gotcha" document? I know that the manual lists
> Anyone up for it?

Intelligently yes, practically no.
(Way to much stuff to do right now. TQM and buzzwords like that :)

Anne.

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alaska xBase++

Quote:
> Actually, this has got me thinking, perhaps there is some scope for a
> general "Clipper to Xbase++ gotcha" document? I know that the manual lists
> Anyone up for it?

Intelligently yes, practically no.
(Way to much stuff to do right now. TQM and buzzwords like that :)

Anne.

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alaska xBase++

Quote:
> Actually, this has got me thinking, perhaps there is some scope for a
> general "Clipper to Xbase++ gotcha" document? I know that the manual lists
> Anyone up for it?

Intelligently yes, practically no.
(Way to much stuff to do right now. TQM and buzzwords like that :)

Anne.

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Alaska xBase++

Three times.
Oops, sorry about that. Had a bit of a hick-up here.

Anne.

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Alaska xBase++

2. Alaska Xbase++ EXPERIENCES