DOS based Clipper app and WIndows dll's
Author Message
 DOS based Clipper app and WIndows dll's

I have a DOS-based Clipper application that due to the nature of the
application cannot be moved to a Windows environment.  It must be
maintained as a DOS only app.

I have Windows based API client libraries (DOS not available) that
connect to a Unix-based database server that I wish to link into my
Clipper app.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
---
J. Chavarie
http://www.*-*-*.com/

---

Mon, 19 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS based Clipper app and WIndows dll's

Quote:

>I have a DOS-based Clipper application that due to the nature of the
>application cannot be moved to a Windows environment.  It must be
>maintained as a DOS only app.

>I have Windows based API client libraries (DOS not available) that
>connect to a Unix-based database server that I wish to link into my
>Clipper app.

>Does anyone have any ideas?

SURE!
Step 1: Call Blinker and order Blinker 4.0 (804) 747-3600 ?
Step 2: Rewrite/Wrap/Stub out only the functions that are specific to
Windows in the DLLs.
Step 3: Link with Blinker 4.0 as it gives DOS connection to DLLs
Step 4: Pray. And be happy you have Blinker 4.0 anyway :) :) :)

good luck.

-jim gale
touchstone business creations
and stuff

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating DOS/Clipper Apps to Windows/Clipper Apps

2. Transition from Clipper DOS based to Windows based Programming language

3. image on clipper dos base app

4. Convert DOS-based Clarion App to Windows

5. Using a windows DLL from a clipper app

6. set dos env's in clipper app??????

7. set dos env's in clipper app??????

8. Porting DOS Clipper 5.x app to Windows/SQL

9. Best Method for converting Clipper Apps from DOS to Windows

10. DOS error 4 -- Windows NT client -- clipper app

11. clipper app requires conversion from DOS to Windows

12. clipper app requires conversion from DOS to Windows 1