CA Tools and Clipper 5.3: CTUS.lib
Author Message
 CA Tools and Clipper 5.3: CTUS.lib

...this is sort of related to my previous post about problems after a recent
upgrade to Clipper 5.3.

Just a quick question.  Heres the batch file I use to compile a prg and then
link the obj and turn it into an executable:

    CLIPPER %1
    IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 BLINKER FILE %1, CTUS LIB C:\Catools\lib\53\ct53.lib

If I want to talk to COM ports, I need all of this, becuase this refers to
clipper tools:

    CTUS LIB C:\Catools\lib\53\ct53.lib

I've been advised to leave out CTUS becuase of problems were getting running
a program compiled with the above (first script).  The thing is we _need_
the CTUS becuase we most definately _need_ to talk to the external piece of
hardware - it provides the data used.

Also I can find a file called ct53.lib, thats in the lib directory, but I
can only find a ctus.obj, in the obj directory, is that what 'CTUS LIB' is
referrring to?

Does anyone have any suggestions? 3rd Party software / scripts / libraries
maybe?

Regards

Chris

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:46:36 GMT
 CA Tools and Clipper 5.3: CTUS.lib
In your blinker command line you are linking two objects (one specified in
command line parameter 1%)
FILE 1%, CTUS

and one Library
LIB  C:\Catools\lib\53\ct53.lib

The objects come from the current directory or the OBJ directory; so, yes,
you're linking CTUS.OBJ from either the current directory or the OBJ
directory.  Libraries come from the current directory or the LIB directory;
the reason you have to specify the full path to CT53.lib is that it is not
in either of these two places.

Is it possible you're linking in an older version of ctus with a newer
version of ct53.lib?  Do these two files have the same date/time stamp?
Also, there is a free upgrade for clipper tools; I'd suggest that you
upgrade CT to the latest version if you haven't already.  Incidentally, it
was this upgrade to CT that made __wait??.obj(s) not needed any longer - the
version of Clipper (5.2 or 5.3) wasn't relevant to this issue.

Quote:
> ...this is sort of related to my previous post about problems after a
recent
> upgrade to Clipper 5.3.

> Just a quick question.  Heres the batch file I use to compile a prg and
then
> link the obj and turn it into an executable:

>     CLIPPER %1
>     IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 BLINKER FILE %1, CTUS LIB

C:\Catools\lib\53\ct53.lib
Quote:

> If I want to talk to COM ports, I need all of this, becuase this refers to
> clipper tools:

>     CTUS LIB C:\Catools\lib\53\ct53.lib

> I've been advised to leave out CTUS becuase of problems were getting
running
> a program compiled with the above (first script).  The thing is we _need_
> the CTUS becuase we most definately _need_ to talk to the external piece
of
> hardware - it provides the data used.

> Also I can find a file called ct53.lib, thats in the lib directory, but I
> can only find a ctus.obj, in the obj directory, is that what 'CTUS LIB' is
> referrring to?

> Does anyone have any suggestions? 3rd Party software / scripts / libraries
> maybe?

> Regards

> Chris

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:04:42 GMT

1. CA-Clipper 5.3 with CA-Clipper Tools

2. A question about CA Tools/ Clipper 5.3 menu's

3. CA-Tools for Clipper 5.3

4. Clipper 5.3 + CA Tools + BLINKER / EXOSPACE + PUSHBUTTONS = TROUBLE

5. NANFOR.LIB/NETTO.LIB and Clipper 5.3

6. clipper tools Clipper 5.3

7. Clipper Tools 3.0 and Clipper 5.3

8. Clipper 5.3 and Clipper Tools

9. clipper 5.3 & clipper tools v 3.00

10. Clipper Tools 3b & CTUS

11. 5.3 with mouse, CA Tools and Exospace - solution