Email from Clipper
Author Message
 Email from Clipper

Hi all,

I think I've read years ago one can send emails directly from a Clipper App.
Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can read more on this ?

I understand one can invoke OUTLOOK from a Clipper app but that's a bit
messy if I want to send 300 personalized emails...  Any ideas ?

Greetings,

ST

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:52:14 GMT
 Email from Clipper
Hi Sergio

There is a thread further down:

Try SMTPSEND -  http://www.dataenter.co.at
or Postie from http://www.infradig.com/infradig/index.shtml

http://www.radiks.net/~jimbo/share.html#M
It has been running an automated invoice sending system via email via
MailSend/Clipper/Blinker's SwpRunCmd for 3 years.

See SMTPsend at www.wautersIT.com

G?tz

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I think I've read years ago one can send emails directly from a Clipper
App.
> Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can read more on this ?

> I understand one can invoke OUTLOOK from a Clipper app but that's a bit
> messy if I want to send 300 personalized emails...  Any ideas ?

> Greetings,

> ST

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:12:12 GMT
 Email from Clipper
We've been using BLAT for some time.... very simple to use.
Quote:

> Hi all,

> I think I've read years ago one can send emails directly from a Clipper App.
> Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can read more on this ?

> I understand one can invoke OUTLOOK from a Clipper app but that's a bit
> messy if I want to send 300 personalized emails...  Any ideas ?

> Greetings,

> ST

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 05:28:55 GMT
 Email from Clipper
Sergio,

I wrote myself a nifty little utility that checks for existance of
files with a specific extension in a specified directory.

The format of the file is:
First Line=email address to send to
Second Line=Subject
rest of file=body

In my application, I allow users to create form letters (substituting
defined strings for data) and sending these letters via email.  So the
user could send one to a single client or batch them to clients based
on any given criteria.

I have been thinking about offering this product to the general public
if there is any interest...

Mike Warren
Darkwood Consulting

Respond via email to translating from Phonetic:

charlie november echo tango . charlie oscar mike

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:52:14 -0400, "Sergio Terenas"

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I think I've read years ago one can send emails directly from a Clipper App.
>Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can read more on this ?

>I understand one can invoke OUTLOOK from a Clipper app but that's a bit
>messy if I want to send 300 personalized emails...  Any ideas ?

>Greetings,

>ST

_
That's not a bug, it's an "Undocumented Feature".

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 05:19:17 GMT
 Email from Clipper
Hi Sergio,

Try BLAT

Blat is a Public Domain Windows 95/NT console utility that sends the
contents of a file in an e-mail message using the SMTP protocol.

Download it from:

   http://pages.infinit.net/che/blat/blat.html
   http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html

For blat support, you could try
   http://www.egroups.com/community/blat

From Clipper, just

run(command)

works fine.

GETMAIL

  http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/getmail.html

  Getmail is free for non-commercial use. For getmail support
community,
   try http://www.egroups.com/community/getmail

I have tested Getmail from Clipper and command line, both okay for our
needs.

ENCODE/DECODE

If all you want is to encode/decode (no mail functionality builtin) ,
check out the following:

   uudeview
       <http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/~fp/uudeview/>

  mpack/munpack
       <ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/mpack/>

and there are many other encoders/decoders freely available.

OTHER

We use Pegasus Mail, and create a "queued email' format (prior to
final form), and run Pegasus (WIN) from Clipper to add to Pmail
folders and o/p the final format ready for the output queue. Also as
we send attachments, that (encoding) is left for Pegasus as well. This
way, if users are either on a dialup or 'dedicated' line, the email is
sent (finally) from Pegasus.

You might want to think of creating a similar method to create the
email in a queue, to be sent by your favourite emailer.

no problems with doing that part in Clipper. Create it as a file. If
it is all text, simply:

and if it is non-text (needs encoding), the clipper command would be:

Regards,

Peter

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:52:14 -0400, "Sergio Terenas"

Quote:

>I think I've read years ago one can send emails directly from a Clipper App.
>Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can read more on this ?

>I understand one can invoke OUTLOOK from a Clipper app but that's a bit
>messy if I want to send 300 personalized emails...  Any ideas ?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:40:41 GMT

1. How to send email from clipper

2. Email via Clipper - any functions out there?

3. EMAIL from CLIPPER APPLICATION

4. email with clipper 5.2

5. email from clipper

6. to send email with clipper