CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND
Author Message
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

I want to know which command I can use to check if a drive is ready to
be used.

Thank you

to:   ** ALL **
cc:   CLIPPER

         GIGA SYSTEM BBS              |  Telnet: giga.com.ar (login: new)
    BUENOS AIRES - ARGENTINA          |   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 09 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

Quote:

> I want to know which command I can use to check if a drive is ready to
> be used.

Try Clipper Tool III.

lReady := DiskReady( cDrive )

--
Andi Jahja
Jakarta, INDONESIA

Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

Quote:

>> I want to know which command I can use to check if a drive is ready to
>> be used.

>Try Clipper Tool III.

>lReady := DiskReady( cDrive )

Or use the freeware Nanforum library function FT_FlopTsT()
--
Nick

Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

> I want to know which command I can use to check if a drive is ready to
> be used.

Try Clipper Tool III.

lReady := DiskReady( cDrive )

--
Andi Jahja
Jakarta, INDONESIA
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4231/index.html

Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

>> I want to know which command I can use to check if a drive is ready to
>> be used.

>Try Clipper Tool III.

>lReady := DiskReady( cDrive )

Or use the freeware Nanforum library function FT_FlopTsT()
--
Nick

Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

Quote:
>Or use the freeware Nanforum library function FT_FlopTsT()

The one in v3.05 has a bit of an anomaly. If you have a defective
drive, one that's returning a "general failure reading drive ..."
message, FT_FlopTst() returns a 0, meaning the drive is OK. I now
test using FCREATE() to attempt to create a file on the disk if
FT_FlopTst() returns a 0. This has caught all bad drives so far.

Ray

Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

>Or use the freeware Nanforum library function FT_FlopTsT()

The one in v3.05 has a bit of an anomaly. If you have a defective
drive, one that's returning a "general failure reading drive ..."
message, FT_FlopTst() returns a 0, meaning the drive is OK. I now
test using FCREATE() to attempt to create a file on the disk if
FT_FlopTst() returns a 0. This has caught all bad drives so far.

Ray

Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

Quote:
>The one in v3.05 has a bit of an anomaly. If you have a defective
>drive, one that's returning a "general failure reading drive ..."
>message, FT_FlopTst() returns a 0, meaning the drive is OK. I now
>test using FCREATE() to attempt to create a file on the disk if
>FT_FlopTst() returns a 0. This has caught all bad drives so far.

Forgot to credit Jo French with figuring out to use FCREATE() to
make the final check. Sorry, Jo!

Ray

Fri, 12 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

Quote:
>test using FCREATE() to attempt to create a file on the disk if
>FT_FlopTst() returns a 0. This has caught all bad drives so far.

What if the diskette is write-protected or zero-bytes free?

Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CHECK DRIVE UNIT COMMAND

Quote:
>>test using FCREATE() to attempt to create a file on the disk if
>>FT_FlopTst() returns a 0. This has caught all bad drives so far.

>What if the diskette is write-protected or zero-bytes free?

It'll catch a write-protected diskette, but you need to use
DISKSPACE() if FT_FlopTst() returns a zero to make sure you have
enough space for whatever space your files need.

Ray

Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SI Units Checked and Unchecked

2. Final comments and code for Ada Units Checking

3. Units Checking in Ada - Solicit -- John Howard

4. Units Checking is Ada - Solicitation of Comments on Standard Proposal

5. Scientific Unit Checking??

6. Dimensional analysis / units checking and conversion during compilation

7. physical unit/dimension checking and conversion in scientific programs

8. ANN: Strongtype does physical unit checking

9. Disk Drives Check

10. Checking if drive is remote (networked)

11. Check drive A

12. checking if drive is mounted