Can you access a Windows DLL from Clipper?
Author Message
 Can you access a Windows DLL from Clipper?

I was wondering if it is possible to access a function that is in a Windows 95
DLL from a Clipper program?  I can program in C if that helps, but was hoping
there was already out there some kind of interface (shareware/freeware) that
would expide my task    :-)

My problem:
        I'm running a Clipper app in a DOS box under Win95.  I need to find
out what the MS Windows Networking User Name is.  You can find this out from
the DOS command: NET CONFIG.  I need to do this programatically, and don't
want to fool with shelling out to DOS, or setting funky DOS environment
variables if possible.

TIA,
Mark

**  Remove ".nospam" when replying or email will bounce back to you...

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can you access a Windows DLL from Clipper?

Quote:

>I was wondering if it is possible to access a function that is in a Windows 95
>DLL from a Clipper program?  I can program in C if that helps, but was hoping
>there was already out there some kind of interface (shareware/freeware) that
>would expide my task    :-)

>My problem:
>        I'm running a Clipper app in a DOS box under Win95.  I need to find
>out what the MS Windows Networking User Name is.  You can find this out from
>the DOS command: NET CONFIG.  I need to do this programatically, and don't
>want to fool with shelling out to DOS, or setting funky DOS environment
>variables if possible.

If you can program in C I think you can make a function in C that call that dll
then call the function from C.

Have a nice day !
Regards

Sobari Tanuwijaya

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can you access a Windows DLL from Clipper?
Mark,

The easiest way is to use the Windows Clipboard, as it is one of the only
two doors
Microsoft left opened for a MsDos app to reach the Windows environment.

You do need to keep a Windows app running that checks the Clipboard on a
certain
timer interval. When you need something from Windows, then you left a
specific msg
at the clipboard, a msg that only your Windows running app will understand,
and it
will return the answer at the clipboard also.

It is a kind of a MsDos-Windows client/server that you may fine tune for
your own needs.

You could also run a Windows app from your MsDos app, that performs a
specific task
and writes the result on a disk file, and later on you read it from your
MsDos app. The
clipboard way will let you keep opened DLLs, etc. something you could not do
using
this latest way.

regards,

Antonio Linares
www.fivetech.com

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

2. accessing windows DLL's from RealBasic

3. *.dll for direct port access under Windows NT

4. RXCOMM.DLL for windows, provides access to serial communications devices

5. How do you access DLL functions using Regina REXX under Windows NT

6. Newbie: Windows DLL Access

7. Accessing Windows DLL

8. Access of 16 Bit DLLs from Windows NT

9. Access to MS Windows DLLs w/Visualworks

10. Windows DLLs in Clipper (or XBase++)?

11. Using a windows DLL from a clipper app

12. DOS based Clipper app and WIndows dll's