NT Server not releasing Opened DBF
Author Message
 NT Server not releasing Opened DBF

Quote:
> My application is written in Clipper with data files stored in NT
> Server (NT4.0 SP4). The user is accessing the application via Win95
> workstation. I noticed that when user exit from the application, some
> of the DBF files still opened when I checked the open resources in NT
> Server. Can anyone give some advice?
> Thanks.

Go out to Microsoft's Knowledgebase and do a search
for "OpLock", "UtilizeNTCaching" and "UseLockReadUnlock". You may also
want to go to deja.com and do a search on "DOS 55" in the
comp.lang.clipper.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Server not releasing Opened DBF
My application is written in Clipper with data files stored in NT
Server (NT4.0 SP4). The user is accessing the application via Win95
workstation. I noticed that when user exit from the application, some
of the DBF files still opened when I checked the open resources in NT
Server. Can anyone give some advice?
Thanks.

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Server not releasing Opened DBF
KC,

I'm having the same kind of problems.  If you find a solution please let
me know.

Thanks,
Randal Ferguson

Quote:

> My application is written in Clipper with data files stored in NT
> Server (NT4.0 SP4). The user is accessing the application via Win95
> workstation. I noticed that when user exit from the application, some
> of the DBF files still opened when I checked the open resources in NT
> Server. Can anyone give some advice?
> Thanks.

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Server not releasing Opened DBF
This could be the result of a buggy redirector. See my reply under "Clipper
and NT" in the thread below...

You can also add the following registry key to turn off the caching of the
file opens...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
create or change the "CachedOpenLimit" parameter to DWORD  0.

and see:
http://www.mbnet.mb.ca/~kolson/tecnotes/19980601.html

- Kevin

()()

Quote:
> My application is written in Clipper with data files stored in NT
> Server (NT4.0 SP4). The user is accessing the application via Win95
> workstation. I noticed that when user exit from the application, some
> of the DBF files still opened when I checked the open resources in NT
> Server. Can anyone give some advice?
> Thanks.

Wed, 17 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Server not releasing Opened DBF
have a look at :
www.cardbox.co.uk/ntserver.htm

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can not open file on Nt Server

2. NT Server not releasing some files on program close

3. Windows NT not releasing the OPENED files

4. error opening .dbf if index file is not present

5. HARBOUR-project : Error DBF/1001 Open error: Arbeider.dbf

6. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (0/1)

7. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (1/1)

8. AIDA/Web - Web Application Server released as Open Source

9. Open files on NT Server 4

10. Files slow to open on NT Server 4 - Help as to cause

11. HELP : File open error on Window NT server

12. Open Source release of clustered servers