Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Hey Everyone...

I was recently asked to do some work on an older program I had written some
5 or 6 years ago.  The problem I'm having is that I can't get the Clipper
de{*filter*} to run under Windows 95.  I really didn't want to setup a computer
under DOS 6.x just to do this job... does anyone know what the trick is to
getting this going?

Thanks,
-Randy Holt

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

If they installed a Symantec product on that machine, it is most likely the
culprit. In the link script, use File CLD.lib instead of Lib CLD.

Quote:

> Hey Everyone...

> I was recently asked to do some work on an older program I had written some
> 5 or 6 years ago.  The problem I'm having is that I can't get the Clipper
> de{*filter*} to run under Windows 95.  I really didn't want to setup a computer
> under DOS 6.x just to do this job... does anyone know what the trick is to
> getting this going?

> Thanks,
> -Randy Holt

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Each time I evoked the 5.3 de{*filter*}, I GPF'd until I set the "No See Um" switch
in the '95 shortcut. Runs fine now.
ie,
Properties,
Program,
Advanced,
Prevent MS-DOS-based programs from detecting Windows
Let us know if it works under 5.2e.

Al

Quote:

> Hey Everyone...

> I was recently asked to do some work on an older program I had written some
> 5 or 6 years ago.  The problem I'm having is that I can't get the Clipper
> de{*filter*} to run under Windows 95.  I really didn't want to setup a computer
> under DOS 6.x just to do this job... does anyone know what the trick is to
> getting this going?

> Thanks,
> -Randy Holt

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Thanks Kevin,

Yes, we have pcAnywhere and WinFax installed on this computer.

I gave your suggestion a try (Using CLD.LIB vs. CLD in LNK file)... still no
luck.  I hope someone else has some ideas that might shed some light.

Thanks again,
-Randy Holt

Quote:

>If they installed a Symantec product on that machine, it is most likely the
>culprit. In the link script, use File CLD.lib instead of Lib CLD.

>> Hey Everyone...

>> I was recently asked to do some work on an older program I had written
some
>> 5 or 6 years ago.  The problem I'm having is that I can't get the Clipper
>> de{*filter*} to run under Windows 95.  I really didn't want to setup a
computer
>> under DOS 6.x just to do this job... does anyone know what the trick is
>> getting this going?

>> Thanks,
>> -Randy Holt

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Randall

This may seem silly but, are you compiling with /b switch??

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

http://www.brutecom.com.au

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Quote:
>Hey Everyone...

>I was recently asked to do some work on an older program I had written some
>5 or 6 years ago.  The problem I'm having is that I can't get the Clipper
>de{*filter*} to run under Windows 95.  I really didn't want to setup a computer
>under DOS 6.x just to do this job... does anyone know what the trick is to
>getting this going?

I know this is a stupid question, but you *are* compiling with the
"/b" compiler command line switch aren't you?

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Yes.... and yes...

Quote:

>>Hey Everyone...

>>I was recently asked to do some work on an older program I had written
some
>>5 or 6 years ago.  The problem I'm having is that I can't get the Clipper
>>de{*filter*} to run under Windows 95.  I really didn't want to setup a
computer
>>under DOS 6.x just to do this job... does anyone know what the trick is to
>>getting this going?
>I know this is a stupid question, but you *are* compiling with the
>"/b" compiler command line switch aren't you?

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Hi Steve,

Yes... and yes.

-Randy Holt

Quote:

>Randall

>This may seem silly but, are you compiling with /b switch??

>HTH
>--
>Steve Quinn
>BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

>http://www.brutecom.com.au

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

Quote:
> Yes.... and yes...

Then your next step is to remove all Symantec products from your
computer. They install a driver named SYMEVNT.386 at computer startup
that disables the Clipper real mode de{*filter*} CLD.EXE.

Or try the F8 key at startup and boot to a "Command prompt only"

Or rename the SYMEVNT.386 file and live with the error messages until
you don't need the de{*filter*}.

Or add FI CLD.LIB to your link script to link the de{*filter*} into your
application. It'll pop up with Alt+D that way. Kind of a memory hog
under real mode, though.

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2E Debugger & Win95

2. Clipper debugger 5.2e won't work with Win95

3. 5.2e debugger/Win95

4. HELP: Clipper 5.2e debugger very slow to appear under W2KPro

5. Clipper 5.2e debugger, Blinker6.0

6. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55

7. clipper 5.2e win95 dosbox printing

8. Win95 Freeze up with Clipper 5.2e

9. Win95, NT 4.0 Server, Clipper 5.2e - NEED HELP - URGENT

10. Clipper 5.2e apps and Win 3.11 / Win95

11. Clipper 5.2E under Win95

12. Clipper 5.2e and Win95 network