CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R
Author Message
 CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

All,

CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL

Having old or missing copies of these three files seem to cause problems
with Clipper/Fivewin and R&R Windows.  Of these files, CTL3D.DLL often
seems to be absence from many of my users' Windows\System folders.

Can anyone tell me what functions these files have, where they come from
and what are the most current version dates?

TIA,

Rand

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

Hi,

as far as I know are these needed for the 3D look for the controls on your
screen. I believe they belong to Windows.

C.U.
Henk Walraven
Sanisoft Development

Rand Smith heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>All,

>CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL

>Having old or missing copies of these three files seem to cause problems
>with Clipper/Fivewin and R&R Windows.  Of these files, CTL3D.DLL often
>seems to be absence from many of my users' Windows\System folders.

>Can anyone tell me what functions these files have, where they come from
>and what are the most current version dates?

>TIA,

>Rand

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

Rand,

We do recommend to use this one:

ctl3d.dll   26.768    21/10/96

regards,

Antonio Linares
www.fivetech.com

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

CTL3D*.dll used (as its name state) to give 3d look to controls and dialog
box.

CTL3D.dll was the original (16bit) and could be active from any given
directory, CTL3DV2.dll is the new standard from MS and must be run only
from windir\SYSTEM (both have the same function names inside), CTL3D32.dll
is the 32bit version of the above (I think the function names are probably
chanced to confuse the 16bit programmers).

CTL3D.dll is not shipped with the OS (3.11, 95, NT) and you must installed
it yourself if your app needs it. the others are shiped with the standard
installation of the OS (not sure about CTL3DV2 and 3.11).

to see the function inside the DLL you can use Borland IMPDEF.EXE to
create a DEF file (text with the names) from the DLL
(or you can try to use Blinker BLILIB.EXE to create an export LIB file
from the DLL and then use MS LIB.EXE to create an output file that contain
all the function of that LIB).

  Chen.

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R
Chen,

Wow, I'm impressed with your knowledge and I appreciate your succinct
reply.

Thank you very much.

Rand

Quote:

> CTL3D*.dll used (as its name state) to give 3d look to controls and
dialog
> box.

> CTL3D.dll was the original (16bit) and could be active from any given
> directory, CTL3DV2.dll is the new standard from MS and must be run only
> from windir\SYSTEM (both have the same function names inside),
CTL3D32.dll
> is the 32bit version of the above (I think the function names are
probably
> chanced to confuse the 16bit programmers).

> CTL3D.dll is not shipped with the OS (3.11, 95, NT) and you must
installed
> it yourself if your app needs it. the others are shiped with the standard
> installation of the OS (not sure about CTL3DV2 and 3.11).

> to see the function inside the DLL you can use Borland IMPDEF.EXE to
> create a DEF file (text with the names) from the DLL
> (or you can try to use Blinker BLILIB.EXE to create an export LIB file
> from the DLL and then use MS LIB.EXE to create an output file that
contain
> all the function of that LIB).

>   Chen.

Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. FiveWin: can't switch from DLL to DLL

2. I don't want ctl3dv2.dll - how???

3. CTL3D.DLL MESSAGE?

4. Fivewin/Clipper/C and DLLs

5. VWIN32: Recommendations for making use of CTL3D.DLL?

6. Microsoft CTL3D DLL

7. CTL3D32.DLL

8. Ada binding to MS ctl3d32.dll

9. ctl3d32.dll, Python/win32 install issues

10. ctl3d32.dll?

11. 1.2 Windows install problem with ctl3d32.dll

12. 1.2 Windows install problem with ctl3d32.dll