debugger won't work (5.3a)
Author Message
 debugger won't work (5.3a)

I can't use the de{*filter*} of 5.3, after compiling with clipper ..... /b, and
linking it with exospace or blinker 3.3, a give the command cldr ..... and
the aplication starts, but i can use the alt-d switch to go to the
de{*filter*}, and hints?

(i've tried altd(1))

Grtn NIels

Tue, 08 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 debugger won't work (5.3a)

(possibly edited):

Quote:
>I can't use the de{*filter*} of 5.3, after compiling with clipper ..... /b, and
>linking it with exospace or blinker 3.3, a give the command cldr ..... and
>the aplication starts, but i can use the alt-d switch to go to the
>de{*filter*}, and hints?

>(i've tried altd(1))

NIels

Perhaps it is the problem associated with the Symantec (Norton) DLL
that has been mentioned here in the fairly recent past?  I seem to
have lost the message or I would have repeated it for you.

Don

Don Andersen

Tue, 08 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 debugger won't work (5.3a)

Quote:
>I can't use the de{*filter*} of 5.3, after compiling with clipper ..... /b, and
>linking it with exospace or blinker 3.3, a give the command cldr ..... and
>the aplication starts, but i can use the alt-d switch to go to the
>de{*filter*}, and hints?

>(i've tried altd(1))

Time for the FAQ on this one.

Instead of linking cld like:

lib cld

link it as:

file cld.lib

---

             WWW   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~philb/
        FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 debugger won't work (5.3a)

edited):

Quote:
>Didn't find the DLL, but what if I had? I have, however, done several
>(very small) test programs of the "hello world" variety (not much to
>link).  Compiled with the /b switch and linked with both rtlink and
>blinker 3.3. Again, all debug correctly on the DOS 6.22 386, and
>don't debug at all on the Win95 Pentium.

This must be driving you crazy?  My Win95 de{*filter*} works fine, linked
in with the FILE CLD.LIB in the link script as the last entry.  I just
looked at a link script and see that I have included a full path to
the lib, ie FILE \CLIPPER5\LIB\CLD.LIB - can't remember why.

These are the some of the settings from my Win95 properties for the
DOS session:

Program:

Cmd Line:       C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
Working:        C:\WINDOWS
Batch File:     F:\BATCH\CLIP52.BAT             //      sets the DOS environment

Memory:
<Auto> except for Initial Environment (1024) and DPMI (10249)

Misc:
BackGround:                     Always suspend checked
Idle Sensitivity:       Low
Fast Pasting:           Checked
Shortcut Keys:          All checked
... others unchecked

In my batch file, I set the Clipper environment, load Expert Help,
DOSKEY, set a specific path, etc.  I have a standard "old-style"
CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT and don't use the session-specific
properties.

Otherwise, I have no idea ... like lots of other things <g>

Don

Don Andersen

Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 debugger won't work (5.3a)

Quote:

>I am using Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 3.3 (BLINKER EXECUTABLE EXTENDED). I
>compile everything with /b and link CLD.LIB as FILE CLD.LIB I don't use
>altd() function in my code and I don't think I need to. What happens that
>if I press Alt-D I see my source code, can press F7, F8, F9, F4
>(application screen), but when I press F6 (Workarea information) or try
>to pull down any de{*filter*} menu, it draws the frame and immediately
>crashes. The error log shows the "Argument error" at line 0 of
>__DBGMENU(). This is not a problem related to Symantec or McAffee, cos I
>don't have either loaded. Any ideas what's going on?

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest to you that this
very problem is what sold thousands of copies of Mr Debug. CLD has
been broken on large programs on the F6 key for as long as I can
remember.

Mr Debug, however, works correctly and has many powerful features that
CLD never dreamed of. Money well spent.

---

             WWW   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~philb/
        FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

Sat, 12 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450

2. Clipper debugger 5.2e won't work with Win95

3. Image viewing program won't work on Win NT

4. Setting CLipper Debugger to work on a Win 95 machine

5. LV 6.02 won't work unless I'm logged in as Administrator

6. LV 6.02 won't work unless I'm logged in as Administrator

7. Borland's TLINK works once then won't recognize lib procs

8. 5.2 debugger won't launch now!

9. debugger won't run

10. Debugger doesn't work

11. Debugger for FiveWin 1.9.2 evaluation don't work

12. TclPro 1.4: debugger doesn't work