Clipper vs NT
Author Message
 Clipper vs NT

Is it possible to compile and run programs in Clipper 5.2 under a DOS
Windows in NT Workstation 4.0 ?

thank you!

J.P. Lafond
Programmer-Analyst
www.iclassified.com

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper vs NT

Just make sure you're using Blinker 4.1 or higher to make full use of
protected mode.  But I haven't run into a problem... yet...

Quote:

> Is it possible to compile and run programs in Clipper 5.2 under a DOS
> Windows in NT Workstation 4.0 ?

> thank you!

> J.P. Lafond
> Programmer-Analyst
> www.iclassified.com

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper vs NT

J.P.

Works fine for me

Luc Harnois

Quote:

>Is it possible to compile and run programs in Clipper 5.2 under a DOS
>Windows in NT Workstation 4.0 ?

>thank you!

>J.P. Lafond
>Programmer-Analyst
>www.iclassified.com

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper vs NT

Quote:

>Is it possible to compile and run programs in Clipper 5.2 under a DOS
>Windows in NT Workstation 4.0 ?

Yes it is. They run fine.

Wim Kok

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper vs NT

Yes, this has my primary development environment for several years.  Just be
aware that Clipper idle processing zaps CPU utilization to 100% since
Clipper isn't smart enough to give up it's idle time.  There are work
arounds on the Oasis.

Quote:
>Is it possible to compile and run programs in Clipper 5.2 under a DOS
>Windows in NT Workstation 4.0 ?

>thank you!

>J.P. Lafond
>Programmer-Analyst
>www.iclassified.com

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper vs NT

The workarounds (Clip2F) seem to do nothing on our NT machines... however
when we press the pause key use just comes down from 100% to 1% !!!!! It's
the only way I found to have several Cllipper apps open w/o degrading too
much the usability of the client machine!

Gabriel Santos

Inforlandia Lda
http://www.inforlandia.pt

Quote:

>Yes, this has my primary development environment for several years.  Just
be
>aware that Clipper idle processing zaps CPU utilization to 100% since
>Clipper isn't smart enough to give up it's idle time.  There are work
>arounds on the Oasis.

>>Is it possible to compile and run programs in Clipper 5.2 under a DOS
>>Windows in NT Workstation 4.0 ?

>>thank you!

>>J.P. Lafond
>>Programmer-Analyst
>>www.iclassified.com

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper vs NT

Hi,

You can work with Nanfor ToolKit with functions ..idle.You can get it at
Oasis.
Ive put in my program FT_ONIDLE({|| FT_IAMIDLE()} ) and its working fine.You
can use a 2nd parameter to balance the intensity.
I also use inkey function in a way that make calls to ft_idle() and
Ft_iamidle() wich releases a lot of % to the OS.

All the inkey calls like :

do while (inkey() = 0) ;end

were replace by

key := inkey()
do while key = 0
     key := inkey()
     ft_idle();ft_iamidle()
end

I also make calls to these functions when Ive a time consuming operation.I
use a timecounter to call it from n seconds.

I dont use Menu TO but I know that the prgs using it must be replaced.
The only function that stills eats a lot of CPU % is Memoedit.Even so it was
reduced al lot.

Check the Oasis for a file Multi... (something) I cant remember exact name.

Antonio

Espero ter ajudado.

Quote:

> The workarounds (Clip2F) seem to do nothing on our NT machines... however
> when we press the pause key use just comes down from 100% to 1% !!!!! It's
> the only way I found to have several Cllipper apps open w/o degrading too
> much the usability of the client machine!

> Gabriel Santos

> Inforlandia Lda
> http://www.inforlandia.pt

> >Yes, this has my primary development environment for several years.  Just
> be
> >aware that Clipper idle processing zaps CPU utilization to 100% since
> >Clipper isn't smart enough to give up it's idle time.  There are work
> >arounds on the Oasis.

> >>Is it possible to compile and run programs in Clipper 5.2 under a DOS
> >>Windows in NT Workstation 4.0 ?

> >>thank you!

> >>J.P. Lafond
> >>Programmer-Analyst
> >>www.iclassified.com

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper vs NT

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 03:58:27 +0100, "Gabriel Santos"

Quote:

Take a look at multi102.zip

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
 Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

      Everything that is really great and inspiring is
      created by individuals who can labor in freedom.

                                     Albert Einstein

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT wish vs. NT emacs

2. clipper 5.2e -vs- clipper 5.3

3. US Clipper vs. International Clipper

4. Clipper SUMMER vs. Clipper WINTER

5. Clipper 5.2e vs. Clipper 5.3

6. stdcall vs c vs cdecl vs pascal vs whosyerdaddy

7. 68K vs CFM68K vs Tk 8.0.3 vs AppearanceLib vs System 7

8. DDE Client differences 0S/2 vs NT

9. Performance considerations - Clarion 5 vs Windows NT

10. Clarion vs Windows NT

11. Windows 2K vs Windows NT

12. Repeat of .c4 posting on printer{prop:print} question 95 vs NT