Clipper 5.2e and Win95 dos error 4
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e and Win95 dos error 4

I wrote a clipper 5.2e application that was running fine on my customers
dos network.
We upgraded them to Windows 95 and now I get a clipper error 21 in
Subsystem SIXCDX SystemCode 1001 Dos Error 4.  Dos error 4 is Too many
files open.
I have tried setting the FILES statement in CONFIG.SYS and this has no
effect.

Just to let you know I am using Clipper 5.2e, Six2, Exospace.

Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance,

Brian Collier
CompuNet

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and Win95 dos error 4

Quote:

> I wrote a clipper 5.2e application that was running fine on my customers
> dos network.
> We upgraded them to Windows 95 and now I get a clipper error 21 in
> Subsystem SIXCDX SystemCode 1001 Dos Error 4.  Dos error 4 is Too many
> files open.
> I have tried setting the FILES statement in CONFIG.SYS and this has no
> effect.

> Just to let you know I am using Clipper 5.2e, Six2, Exospace.

> Can anyone help???

> Thanks in advance,

> Brian Collier
> CompuNet

In the [386enh] section of SYSTEM.INI, add a line

PermVMhandles=xx

where xx is what you need for file handles. I think the default is 10.

Ray

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and Win95 dos error 4

Quote:

> I wrote a clipper 5.2e application that was running fine on my customers
> dos network.
> We upgraded them to Windows 95 and now I get a clipper error 21 in
> Subsystem SIXCDX SystemCode 1001 Dos Error 4.  Dos error 4 is Too many
> files open.
> I have tried setting the FILES statement in CONFIG.SYS and this has no
> effect.

> Just to let you know I am using Clipper 5.2e, Six2, Exospace.

> Can anyone help???

Check to see if your Clipper environment variable is set or burned into
your executable.

If using environment vars:

Set clipper=//F:<number of handles you want>

or with Exospace, put this into your link script:

EXOSPACE EXECUTABLE CLIPPER //F:<number of handles>

Hope this helps.

Brad

--
Isn't sanity really just a one trick pony?  I mean, all you get is one
trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh oooh oooh

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and Win95 dos error 4

How about that dopey SET CLIPPER=f##;

where ## is the maximum number of files you expect to have open in
the app.  With Blinker, you can burn this setting into the EXE --
I am not sure with Exospace.  Make sure you stick this
environment variable command (SET CLIPPER...) in your Autoexec.bat

--

Japanese and English-language multi-media PC's ready to run with
Microsoft Office (English & Japanese), Internet Explorer (E & J)

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55

2. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

3. DOS Clipper 5.2e/5.3b error: Runtime 5302 Conventional memory exhausted

4. Clipper v5.2e Dos Error 5

5. CDD 3009 with GUI running on WIN95 dos box - Using BEEP or dataentry ERROR - HUNG WIN95

6. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

7. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (1/1)

8. Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

9. clipper 5.2e win95 dosbox printing

10. Win95 Freeze up with Clipper 5.2e

11. Win95, NT 4.0 Server, Clipper 5.2e - NEED HELP - URGENT

12. Clipper 5.2e apps and Win 3.11 / Win95