CLIPPER HELP
Author Message
 CLIPPER HELP

HELLO:

I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT WAS WRITTEN FOR ME IN CLIPPER SEVERAL YEARS AGO.? IT
COMPILES DATA OF ALL MY AUTOMOTIVE TRANSACTION AND CLINETS.? NOW I HAVE CHANGED
SYSTEMS AND WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER THE FILES AND THE PROGRAM TO MY NEW SYSTEM.?
AFTER DOING SO NOW EVERY TIME I ENTER MY PASSWORD IT GIVES ME AN INVALID
PSSWORD ERROR.? EVEN WHEN I HOOKED THE OLD HARD DRIVE AS A SLAVE ON MY NEW
SYSTEM AND TRIED TO RUN THE PROGRAM IT STILL GIVES ME THE ERROR MESSAGE. HOW
CAN I BY PASS THE PASSWORD OR MAKE MY NEW SYSTEM RECOGNIZE THE OLD PASSWORD
THAT WAS ON MY OTHER COMPUTER. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP.

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER HELP

Have you ever tried copying the program to another computer? Its
possible that the password is in a hidden file. Try entering attrib *.*
in the directory. If there are any files with a 'h' attribute it is
hidden.

Its also possible that the programmer used the serial number of the
computer, possibly to stop copying of the software. Do you have the
source code?

PS. Just a hint, all capitals is like shouting. :)

Quote:

> HELLO:

> I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT WAS WRITTEN FOR ME IN CLIPPER SEVERAL YEARS AGO.  IT
> COMPILES DATA OF ALL MY AUTOMOTIVE TRANSACTION AND CLINETS.  NOW I HAVE CHANGED
> SYSTEMS AND WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER THE FILES AND THE PROGRAM TO MY NEW SYSTEM.
> AFTER DOING SO NOW EVERY TIME I ENTER MY PASSWORD IT GIVES ME AN INVALID
> PSSWORD ERROR.  EVEN WHEN I HOOKED THE OLD HARD DRIVE AS A SLAVE ON MY NEW
> SYSTEM AND TRIED TO RUN THE PROGRAM IT STILL GIVES ME THE ERROR MESSAGE. HOW
> CAN I BY PASS THE PASSWORD OR MAKE MY NEW SYSTEM RECOGNIZE THE OLD PASSWORD
> THAT WAS ON MY OTHER COMPUTER. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP.

Russell England
Contract Software Services Ltd
http://www.css2.com

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER HELP

Quote:
>HELLO:

>I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT WAS WRITTEN FOR ME IN CLIPPER SEVERAL YEARS AGO.? IT
>COMPILES DATA OF ALL MY AUTOMOTIVE TRANSACTION AND CLINETS.? NOW I HAVE CHANGED
>SYSTEMS AND WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER THE FILES AND THE PROGRAM TO MY NEW SYSTEM.?
>AFTER DOING SO NOW EVERY TIME I ENTER MY PASSWORD IT GIVES ME AN INVALID
>PSSWORD ERROR.? EVEN WHEN I HOOKED THE OLD HARD DRIVE AS A SLAVE ON MY NEW
>SYSTEM AND TRIED TO RUN THE PROGRAM IT STILL GIVES ME THE ERROR MESSAGE. HOW
>CAN I BY PASS THE PASSWORD OR MAKE MY NEW SYSTEM RECOGNIZE THE OLD PASSWORD
>THAT WAS ON MY OTHER COMPUTER. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP.

look for a MEM file that might hold the password

                                        TRoN~!

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOST SOURCE CODE IN CLIPPER : HELP HELP HELP !!!!!

2. Looking for Clipper help in Massachusetts

3. clipper - help

4. RC4 Encryption - Perl -> Clipper Help Please

5. Clipper Help Needed.

6. Clipper help!

7. Clipper Help!!!

8. Clipper Help!!!!