why am i getting processor stack fault error?
Author Message
 why am i getting processor stack fault error?

hi, for anyone who knows the answer to this problem, i like to say thank
you first, because i really haven't got a clue.  how come my clipper5.3
program will crash exit to Dos with the error saying "Processor stack
fault" when i am pressing PGDN in a Tbrowse screen browsing directly to
a table (not using array). This error is definitely not the program
error because what it reports is something internal, maybe clipper5.3
itself.  Mind you, the function that i use to browse is being stored in
a .LIB file created by someone else (most likely using clipper5.2), all
i do is call the function.

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 why am i getting processor stack fault error?
Hi Brandon,
A processor stack fault occurs when a function calls itself too many times
(recursivity). You could check if it's the case with the de{*filter*}.

Brandon a crit:

Quote:

--

Philippe Morchain

See also : http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~lamping/bgevents.htm
    Lista TodoClipper :
http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 why am i getting processor stack fault error?

Quote:

>hi, for anyone who knows the answer to this problem, i like to say thank
>you first, because i really haven't got a clue.  how come my clipper5.3
>program will crash exit to Dos with the error saying "Processor stack
>fault" when i am pressing PGDN in a Tbrowse screen browsing directly to
>a table (not using array). This error is definitely not the program
>error because what it reports is something internal, maybe clipper5.3
>itself.  Mind you, the function that i use to browse is being stored in
>a .LIB file created by someone else (most likely using clipper5.2), all
>i do is call the function.

If it iss 5.2 and you're using 5.3, then get an update because CA in
their wisdom changed a few of the opcodes which may cause this.

Other things to check are the amount of CPU stack space in your EXE,
try playing with the STACK or BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH linking options
to increase this (BUT not too much, or you'll get other problems).

--
Ian 'DrDebug' Day
Author of MrDebug

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 why am i getting processor stack fault error?
        If you're using 5.3 and the lib is in 5.2, you must recompile the lib.
In my case, stack fault is almost always due to:
        Do while .t.
                get ...
                get..
        enddo
I do this so often, I now go directly to the user input section to find the
missing read. Pitiful isn't it? I've been programming Clipper for a very long
time.

Quote:

--

PC HotShots, Inc.
Baltimore, MD

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 why am i getting processor stack fault error?
If you use B-Linker , be sure you have in lnk script
BLINKER EXECUTABLE DUAL or BLINKER EXECUTABLE EXTENDED ,
not REAL mode.

  Check also how many conventional memory existing. If you run app in REAL
mode , maybe is here problemm.

Igor,

Quote:

>hi, for anyone who knows the answer to this problem, i like to say thank
>you first, because i really haven't got a clue.  how come my clipper5.3
>program will crash exit to Dos with the error saying "Processor stack
>fault" when i am pressing PGDN in a Tbrowse screen browsing directly to
>a table (not using array). This error is definitely not the program
>error because what it reports is something internal, maybe clipper5.3
>itself.  Mind you, the function that i use to browse is being stored in
>a .LIB file created by someone else (most likely using clipper5.2), all
>i do is call the function.

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. (b)ORDLISTADD (0) error 650: Processor stack fault

2. (b) UBUTGABDK$ (0) Unrecoverable error 650: Processor stack fault

3. (b)ERRORSYS (0) Unrecoverable error 650: Processor stack fault

4. Unrecoverable error 650, Processor stack fault

5. Unrecoverable error 650: Processor stack fault

6. Help: Processor Stack Fault Error

7. Unrecoverable error 650: Processor stack fault

8. help! unrecoverable error 650: processor stacks fault

9. Unrecoverable error 650: Processor stack fault

10. Why am I getting bind errors?

11. ERROR 48 - Why am I getting it?

12. Processor Stack Fault