creating executable files
Author Message
 creating executable files

Does Clipper 5.3 have the ability to create stand alone executable files
that will run in DOS without having to have clipper on the machine.

Thanks
  Mike

Sat, 31 May 2003 13:28:13 GMT
 creating executable files
Mike

Yes.

Why do you ask??

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Quote:
> Does Clipper 5.3 have the ability to create stand alone executable files
> that will run in DOS without having to have clipper on the machine.

> Thanks
>   Mike

Sat, 31 May 2003 13:38:19 GMT
 creating executable files
I need to convert some small (less than 20 lines) dbase III+ files to an
executable so that I can use them in a DOS batch file.  Otherwise I have to
type in DBASE then DO {filename}then EXIT.  Also would like to have other
people in our office run the files without having to go through the dbase
interface.

-Mike

Quote:
> Mike

> Yes.

> Why do you ask??

> --
> HTH
> Steve Quinn
> If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.
> Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
> Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

> > Does Clipper 5.3 have the ability to create stand alone executable files
> > that will run in DOS without having to have clipper on the machine.

> > Thanks
> >   Mike

Sat, 31 May 2003 14:38:40 GMT
 creating executable files
Type "DBASE (filename)" from DOS.  Make sure last statement in (filename)
contains command EXIT"

Limka

Quote:

> I need to convert some small (less than 20 lines) dbase III+ files to an
> executable so that I can use them in a DOS batch file.  Otherwise I have to
> type in DBASE then DO {filename}then EXIT.  Also would like to have other
> people in our office run the files without having to go through the dbase
> interface.

> -Mike

> > Mike

> > Yes.

> > Why do you ask??

> > --
> > HTH
> > Steve Quinn
> > If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.
> > Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
> > Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

> > > Does Clipper 5.3 have the ability to create stand alone executable files
> > > that will run in DOS without having to have clipper on the machine.

> > > Thanks
> > >   Mike

Sat, 31 May 2003 15:31:40 GMT
 creating executable files
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:38:40 GMT, Michael Watson

Quote:

>I need to convert some small (less than 20 lines) dbase III+ files to
>an executable so that I can use them in a DOS batch file.  Otherwise
>I have to type in DBASE then DO {filename}then EXIT.  Also would like
>to have other people in our office run the files without having to go
>through the dbase interface.

i don't remember much of dbase, but isn't there a way to start a
program automagically when dbase is started? by using a certain
command line, by putting the routine in some config file (autorun?)?

anybody?

of course you can try to compile with clipper and it will probably
work, but you will have two working environments, dbase and clipper,
which is one too much. since you already use dbase i would advise to
search a dbase solution to your problem.

unless you want to switch to clipper because it's a much better
language, but that's another story.

--
Jules Alberts

Sat, 31 May 2003 15:44:46 GMT
 creating executable files

Quote:

>On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:38:40 GMT, Michael Watson

>>I need to convert some small (less than 20 lines) dbase III+ files to
>>an executable so that I can use them in a DOS batch file.  Otherwise
>>I have to type in DBASE then DO {filename}then EXIT.  Also would like
>>to have other people in our office run the files without having to go
>>through the dbase interface.

>i don't remember much of dbase, but isn't there a way to start a
>program automagically when dbase is started? by using a certain
>command line, by putting the routine in some config file (autorun?)?

>anybody?

CONFIG.DB sets up the environment
DBSTART.DB is automatically executed if present

--
Nick Ramsay
WitzEnd Computer Services UK

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 02:52:20 GMT
 creating executable files
nick

aaaahhhh.  so refreshing to think that all that technology i knew 15 years
ago is still useful :)

my .02.   michael would probably be better speed wise to compile under 5.3
instead of using interpreted code.

--
Steve McNaughton
Auditron

Quote:

> >On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:38:40 GMT, Michael Watson

> >>I need to convert some small (less than 20 lines) dbase III+ files to
> >>an executable so that I can use them in a DOS batch file.  Otherwise
> >>I have to type in DBASE then DO {filename}then EXIT.  Also would like
> >>to have other people in our office run the files without having to go
> >>through the dbase interface.

> >i don't remember much of dbase, but isn't there a way to start a
> >program automagically when dbase is started? by using a certain
> >command line, by putting the routine in some config file (autorun?)?

> >anybody?

> CONFIG.DB sets up the environment
> DBSTART.DB is automatically executed if present

> --
> Nick Ramsay
> WitzEnd Computer Services UK

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 06:47:28 GMT
 creating executable files
This was a primary reason for purchasing and using Clipper on day 1.
Compile it and give them a bat file to run.  Otherwise, every one who runs
the program needs their own $400 copy of Dbase. Also - they can't change the
code!

Mike

Quote:
> nick

> aaaahhhh.  so refreshing to think that all that technology i knew 15 years
> ago is still useful :)

> my .02.   michael would probably be better speed wise to compile under 5.3
> instead of using interpreted code.

> --
> Steve McNaughton
> Auditron
> http://www.auditron.com

> > >On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:38:40 GMT, Michael Watson

> > >i don't remember much of dbase, but isn't there a way to start a
> > >program automagically when dbase is started? by using a certain
> > >command line, by putting the routine in some config file (autorun?)?

> > >anybody?

> > CONFIG.DB sets up the environment
> > DBSTART.DB is automatically executed if present

> > --
> > Nick Ramsay
> > WitzEnd Computer Services UK

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 05:12:45 GMT
 creating executable files
Hi
Yes
Regards
Alexis Gaitanis
Greece

Quote:
> Does Clipper 5.3 have the ability to create stand alone executable files
> that will run in DOS without having to have clipper on the machine.

> Thanks
>   Mike

Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:38:51 GMT

1. How to create an executable file

2. How to create an executable file?

3. create an executable file with sicstus

4. Make executable file from VI file

5. Can lisp file be complied into executable file?

6. Newbie Question--How do I create an executable program from VW

7. Need help on creating Executables in Visual Smalltalk Win32 3.0

8. Creating an executable

9. Is the Labview executable program can create new shotcutshortcut

10. how do I create an executable for a computer that does not have IVI drivers

11. how to create a executable of my labVIEW VI

12. Compiler to create executables for Windows