Isprinter & CPMI.LIB
Author Message
 Isprinter & CPMI.LIB

Hi

I tried to use the nanfor ft_isprint() to have the possibility to check
the printer on LPT2, 3 etc...
When I link (protected mode), ft_isprint needs some function of
CPMI.LIB, that come with nanfor.lib
But when I link this lib with my app, it doesn't run anymore under Win
95 (Windows stops the app :"This program made an illegal operation and
will be closed")

Is there a compatibility problem between cpmdi.lib & Win 95, or between
cpmdi.lib & clipper 5.3b ?

I tried also the Terry Carmen's IsPrinte.asm (isprinter.zip in OASIS),
but it doesn't work (isprinter(n) returns always .T., as soon as !
empty(n) )

I was thinking to send a "reset" to the printer after a Set printer to (
cPort ) and trap the error, but that's not elegant at all !

Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Sebastien

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Isprinter & CPMI.LIB

Quote:
>I tried to use the nanfor ft_isprint() to have the possibility to check
>the printer on LPT2, 3 etc...
>When I link (protected mode), ft_isprint needs some function of
>CPMI.LIB, that come with nanfor.lib
>But when I link this lib with my app, it doesn't run anymore under Win
>95 (Windows stops the app :"This program made an illegal operation and
>will be closed")
>Is there a compatibility problem between cpmdi.lib & Win 95, or between
>cpmdi.lib & clipper 5.3b ?

Have you check your link file

BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF
BLINKER EXECUTABLE EXTENDED
BLINKER HOST MESSAGE ON
BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER F099;E0
BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 80
NODEFLIB

OUTPUT XXXXXX

MAP = XXXXXX A,S

FILE OBJ\LP

file xxx.obj

SEARCH  BLXRATEX.LIB
ECHO Compatablility library between Rational/CA-ExoSpace API
MODULE  gMode  FROM LLIBG
LIB LLIBG
LIB CPMI
LIB NANLIB
LIB CPMI
SEARCH  BLXCLP53.LIB         # Protected mode library
LIB NETLIB
LIB HPLIB

LIB CLIPPER                  # as needed
LIB EXTEND                   # Extend and clipper library
LIB TERMINAL

LIB _DBFCDX
LIB DBFCDX

This is how my link file looks like
and I must say that I have had no problem with
FT_ISPRNT( ) ever. Also under win95 / OS2 and
dos.

Have you recompiled your nanfor library using
Clipper 5.3b. Otherwise compatibilitie problems
arise because the supplied Nanfor is compiled in
Clipper 5.2x

Steven

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Isprinter & CPMI.LIB

Quote:
> Have you check your link file

It didn't help. The problem is still here.

The only (essential) difference beetwen my script and yours was :
BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 80
SEARCH  BLXRATEX.LIB

(by the way, you got twice LIB CPMDI)

You're right about compiling nanfor.lib with clip53, but in that case it
wouldn't help, because ft_isprint() is an ASM function

The error msg is (I translate)
Invalid page exception
Localisation of the error : 0028:C001827F
Part in error : IFMSGR(01) + 00001887
Interruption in     None

Thanks

Quote:

> >I tried to use the nanfor ft_isprint() to have the possibility to check
> >the printer on LPT2, 3 etc...
> >When I link (protected mode), ft_isprint needs some function of
> >CPMI.LIB, that come with nanfor.lib
> >But when I link this lib with my app, it doesn't run anymore under Win
> >95 (Windows stops the app :"This program made an illegal operation and
> >will be closed")

> >Is there a compatibility problem between cpmdi.lib & Win 95, or between
> >cpmdi.lib & clipper 5.3b ?

> Have you check your link file

> BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF
> BLINKER EXECUTABLE EXTENDED
> BLINKER HOST MESSAGE ON
> BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER F099;E0
> BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 80
> NODEFLIB

> OUTPUT XXXXXX

> MAP = XXXXXX A,S

> FILE OBJ\LP

> file xxx.obj

> SEARCH  BLXRATEX.LIB
> ECHO Compatablility library between Rational/CA-ExoSpace API
> MODULE  gMode  FROM LLIBG
> LIB LLIBG
> LIB CPMI
> LIB NANLIB
> LIB CPMI
> SEARCH  BLXCLP53.LIB         # Protected mode library
> LIB NETLIB
> LIB HPLIB

> LIB CLIPPER                  # as needed
> LIB EXTEND                   # Extend and clipper library
> LIB TERMINAL

> LIB _DBFCDX
> LIB DBFCDX

> This is how my link file looks like
> and I must say that I have had no problem with
> FT_ISPRNT( ) ever. Also under win95 / OS2 and
> dos.

> Have you recompiled your nanfor library using
> Clipper 5.3b. Otherwise compatibilitie problems
> arise because the supplied Nanfor is compiled in
> Clipper 5.2x

> Steven

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Isprinter & CPMI.LIB

Mea culpa, the problem wasn't from cpmi.lib,  but from the impossibility to
have a SET PRINTER TO LPT1 when SET DEFAULT TO \myDir  (but .. TO C:\MyDir
is working)

Sebastien

Quote:

> Hi

> I tried to use the nanfor ft_isprint() to have the possibility to check
> the printer on LPT2, 3 etc...
> When I link (protected mode), ft_isprint needs some function of
> CPMI.LIB, that come with nanfor.lib
> But when I link this lib with my app, it doesn't run anymore under Win
> 95 (Windows stops the app :"This program made an illegal operation and
> will be closed")

> Is there a compatibility problem between cpmdi.lib & Win 95, or between
> cpmdi.lib & clipper 5.3b ?

> I tried also the Terry Carmen's IsPrinte.asm (isprinter.zip in OASIS),
> but it doesn't work (isprinter(n) returns always .T., as soon as !
> empty(n) )

> I was thinking to send a "reset" to the printer after a Set printer to (
> cPort ) and trap the error, but that's not elegant at all !

> Any suggestions ?
> Thanks

> Sebastien

Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NANFOR and CPMI LIB's

2. isprinter() for lpt2 & lpt3

3. S87 - Libraries (NL187.LIB & NLEXT87.LIB)

4. sup3552.lib & classy.lib

5. CPMI Library?

6. IsPrinter() in Windows

7. Isprinter() with a serial printer

8. ISPRINTER() in 2000/xp

9. IsPrinter()

10. alternative for isprinter()

11. S'87 - isprinter() function

12. ISPRINTER Doen't Check for Disconnected Printer