Windows 2000/NT and batch files
Author Message
 Windows 2000/NT and batch files

 I use some batch files for selection of programs. In Windows 2000/NT it
doesn't work.
 I get a message :

"CHOICE" is not recognized as an internal or external comand, operable
program or batch file

 What is a solution of this problem.

 Regards, Branislav

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:30:57 GMT
 Windows 2000/NT and batch files
Branislav

Quote:
>  What is a solution of this problem.

Put CHOICE (.exe/.com/.bat) in a directory in your path or in the same
directory as the .bat file your trying to execute.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 05:45:42 GMT
 Windows 2000/NT and batch files

Quote:
>  I use some batch files for selection of programs. In Windows 2000/NT it
> doesn't work. I get a message :

> "CHOICE" is not recognized as an internal or external comand, operable
> program or batch file

>  What is a solution of this problem.

Wouldn't you do better to ask this question in a DOS/Windows or batch file
programming oriented news group?

The batch file probably expects a CHOICE.COM or CHOICE.EXE utility, there
used to be a lot of them kicking about. Start searching or write yourself a
replacement.

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 05:58:15 GMT
 Windows 2000/NT and batch files
Branislav,

Quote:
> I use some batch files for selection of programs. In Windows 2000/NT it
>doesn't work.
> I get a message :

>"CHOICE" is not recognized as an internal or external comand, operable
>program or batch file

CHOICE.COM was introduced with DOS 6.0, and the DOS version included
in NT is based on DOS 5. That's why it is not available to your batch
file. You can probably "borrow" CHOICE.COM from a DOS 6.x install and
use it on NT. At least, it doesn't blow up. I just checked ...

Klas

-------
klas dot engwall at engwall dot com

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:12:51 GMT

1. Saving file to Windows NT 2000 volume

2. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

3. Hard links on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000

4. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

5. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

6. looking for windows NT/2000 binary for gawk 3.1.1 (or better)

7. Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion

8. Clipper Processor hogging on Windows NT and 2000

9. Novell to Windows NT/2000

10. Windows NT/2000 Discussion List [WINNT-L@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM]

11. Problem with Clarion5 legacy exe and windows NT/2000

12. Problem With Windows 2000/NT