Win2K, Netware 5.1 & Clipper 5.2e
Author Message
 Win2K, Netware 5.1 & Clipper 5.2e

I have a customer that has been using my application for 10 years.  He
switched from Win9x PC & Netware 4.11 to Win2K and Netware 5.1.

Everything seesm to work for about 6 weeks  and then he all of a sudden gets
about 100 blank records in his database.  We clean it up and the pattern
repeats.

We have verified that he has the latest client from Novell and server
patches.

I have a dozen other customers using the same environment without a problem.

Any ideas out there?

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:49:22 GMT
 Win2K, Netware 5.1 & Clipper 5.2e
As we use NW5.1 without problems could be caching on client - use LATEST NW
client with speed patches

Also try Advantage Database Server?

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:16:57 GMT
 Win2K, Netware 5.1 & Clipper 5.2e
1- Go to configuration Client
2- go to advance setting
3- in group param. select cache..... (I lookin in spanish)
4- go to TRUE COMMIT set this item to ACTIVE
5- all another items read the help, and remenber that all increment
performance, decrement sucurity.
Quote:

> I have a customer that has been using my application for 10 years.  He
> switched from Win9x PC & Netware 4.11 to Win2K and Netware 5.1.

> Everything seesm to work for about 6 weeks  and then he all of a sudden gets
> about 100 blank records in his database.  We clean it up and the pattern
> repeats.

> We have verified that he has the latest client from Novell and server
> patches.

> I have a dozen other customers using the same environment without a problem.

> Any ideas out there?

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:01:30 GMT
 Win2K, Netware 5.1 & Clipper 5.2e
Is the nw5.1 volume a NSS or traditional volume.  If traditional, you
may still need the turbodis patch.

Cliff Wiernik.

Quote:

> 1- Go to configuration Client
> 2- go to advance setting
> 3- in group param. select cache..... (I lookin in spanish)
> 4- go to TRUE COMMIT set this item to ACTIVE
> 5- all another items read the help, and remenber that all increment
> performance, decrement sucurity.

>>I have a customer that has been using my application for 10 years.  He
>>switched from Win9x PC & Netware 4.11 to Win2K and Netware 5.1.

>>Everything seesm to work for about 6 weeks  and then he all of a sudden gets
>>about 100 blank records in his database.  We clean it up and the pattern
>>repeats.

>>We have verified that he has the latest client from Novell and server
>>patches.

>>I have a dozen other customers using the same environment without a problem.

>>Any ideas out there?

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:12:29 GMT

1. Netware 5.1 and Clipper 5.2e

2. Clipper 5.2e App migration from Netware 4.10 to Netware 5/NT4.0

3. Clipper 5.2e/ADS/ & Netware 4.11

4. Clipper 5.3b + Workbench + Blinker 5.1 on Win2K SP2

5. Clipper DLL's using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 5.10

6. WIN2K, Netware 5, Clipper=Corruption?

7. Clipper 5.2e, Netware 3.x, NovLib 3.3

8. Clipper 5.2e Netware 3.x print W2000

9. Clipper 5.2e / Netware 3.12 / Win 95 Problem

10. Clipper 5.2e / Netware - Work station connec

11. Prnting to a Novell NetWare 4.1 printer from within Clipper 5.2e program

12. Help-Printing on netware with clipper 5.2e