compiling summer87 in a dos window of windows 95 b
Author Message
 compiling summer87 in a dos window of windows 95 b

I can't compile an old program written in summer87 from a dos window of
windows95 b.
the make.exe of clipper can't work
I get the message:
This program has performed an illegal operation......
and if I ask for details:
Fault location 9A00.A042   (or 250C.1980 or others!)
Interrupts in service  None
I tied several times to change the setting of the dos window but
nothing changed
Is there somebody that can help me?
thanks in advance and have a nice time you all.
filippo

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 compiling summer87 in a dos window of windows 95 b

Quote:
>I can't compile an old program written in summer87 from a dos window of
>windows95 b.
>the make.exe of clipper can't work
>I get the message:
>This program has performed an illegal operation......
>and if I ask for details:
>Fault location 9A00.A042   (or 250C.1980 or others!)
>Interrupts in service  None
>I tied several times to change the setting of the dos window but
>nothing changed
>Is there somebody that can help me?
>thanks in advance and have a nice time you all.
>filippo

I encountered this problem years ago under DOS 5 & QEMM & never found a
fix then - that Nantucket make is too badly behaved!  Best solution is
to get one of the many PD make replacements - you could do worse than
using Phil Barnett's PBMake utility from The Oasis.
--
Nick

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running Fortran application as a DOS Windows under Windows 3.1 or 95

2. ADA'95 Compilers for Windows 95 and MS-DOS

3. ANNOUNCE: Helga - ODBC,CGI,Tcl,Windows NT,Windows 95,MS Windows

4. tcl 8.3.0 does compile on BS/DOS 4.1

5. Compiling Clarion apps for NT under Window 95

6. printing from program compiled in clipper 5.2e in window's 95 environment

7. can't compile MS cobol 4.0 in Windows 95

8. can't compile MS cobol 4.0 in Windows 95

9. Compiled g77 for Windows 95

10. APL+DOS under WINDOWS 95

11. Windows 95 DOS Fonts

12. Clarion For DOS (3008) and Windows 95 Printing Problems