Reindex with Six Driver
Author Message
 Reindex with Six Driver

 Hi !

How's the best way to create or reindex with Six Driver in Multiuser
environment ?
It's my code, is it OK ?
SX_AutoOpen(.F.)
USE STOCK NEW EXCL
DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX
PACK
INDEX ON STOCK_ID TAG TSTOCK_ID
INDEX ON STOCK_NM TAG TSTOCK_NM
SX_AutoOpen(.T.)
Please give me advise
Thanks

Julian

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reindex with Six Driver
Do not use PACK, for it not always works very well.
Instead create a temp file with the same structure as the
file you're about to reindex. Copy all the valid data (not the deleted
records)
to this new file. Delete the original and then rename the temp file
to the current file.

The rest will do though.

--
Demons will rip out your soul
Your flesh starts to rot from your bones

Julian heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:
> Hi !

>How's the best way to create or reindex with Six Driver in Multiuser
>environment ?
>It's my code, is it OK ?
>SX_AutoOpen(.F.)
>USE STOCK NEW EXCL
>DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX
>PACK
>INDEX ON STOCK_ID TAG TSTOCK_ID
>INDEX ON STOCK_NM TAG TSTOCK_NM
>SX_AutoOpen(.T.)
>Please give me advise
>Thanks

>Julian

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reindex with Six Driver

Quote:
> How's the best way to create or reindex with Six Driver in Multiuser
> environment ?
> It's my code, is it OK ?
> SX_AutoOpen(.F.)
> USE STOCK NEW EXCL
> DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX
> PACK
> INDEX ON STOCK_ID TAG TSTOCK_ID
> INDEX ON STOCK_NM TAG TSTOCK_NM
> SX_AutoOpen(.T.)
> Please give me advise
> Thanks

Julian,

We use Six Driver, too; and what we've used for years is:

DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX

then...

USE STOCK NEW EXCL
PACK
INDEX ON STOCK_ID TAG TSTOCK_ID
INDEX ON STOCK_NM TAG TSTOCK_NM

That way, you don't have to worry about the sx_AutoOpen() functions.

Good luck!

GaryC

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT
 Reindex with Six Driver
Hi...

If I DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX  first, what can I do if another user at now use
that file ?

Thanks

Quote:

>> How's the best way to create or reindex with Six Driver in Multiuser
>> environment ?
>> It's my code, is it OK ?
>> SX_AutoOpen(.F.)
>> USE STOCK NEW EXCL
>> DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX
>> PACK
>> INDEX ON STOCK_ID TAG TSTOCK_ID
>> INDEX ON STOCK_NM TAG TSTOCK_NM
>> SX_AutoOpen(.T.)
>> Please give me advise
>> Thanks

>Julian,

>We use Six Driver, too; and what we've used for years is:

>DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX

>then...

>USE STOCK NEW EXCL
>PACK
>INDEX ON STOCK_ID TAG TSTOCK_ID
>INDEX ON STOCK_NM TAG TSTOCK_NM

>That way, you don't have to worry about the sx_AutoOpen() functions.

>Good luck!

>GaryC

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reindex with Six Driver

Quote:
> Hi...

> If I DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX  first, what can I do if another user at now
> use
> that file ?

Julian,

Well, I was presuming that you already had made sure that no users were
using the file...  In your example, you were deleting the .CDX file, too.
Wouldn't you still have the same problem with your version?  Am I missing
something?

Sorry,

GaryC

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reindex with Six Driver

Quote:
>Hi...

>If I DELETE FILE STOCK.CDX  first, what can I do if another user at now use
>that file ?

You can't reindex until all users exit the system.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

      Reality is the leading cause of stress
       among those who are in touch with it.

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC driver for Successware Six Driver

2. Ca Tools and Six Driver

3. SIx Driver RDD

4. wanted: DOS Clipper 5.2 SIX-RDD-driver (or serial)

5. SIX Driver Set Scope

6. Comix or Six Driver ?

7. Clipper 5.2e and SIx Driver v3.00

8. SIX Driver set scope problem