PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER
Author Message
 PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

ANNOUNCING FormView "The HP PCL Reader"

Download a FREE HP PCL5 Browsing Program

FormView is a freeware HP PCL Browsing Program that converts HP PCL5 print
files for WYSIWYG viewing, searching text, printing to non-PCL printers and
for converting PCL to PDF format (with the PDF driver that is included with
Adobe Acrobat Exchange).

FormView is the first HP PCL "Reader" program to be offered as freeware.  It
is a limited version of the more powerful PCLTool E-Form SDK sold by
PageTech to application developers which indexes, converts, archives,
searches, retrieves, views, overlays high volume HP PCL5 print datastreams.

*  FormView can perform a full text search on PCL files and extract specific
PCL pages for viewing, re-printing directly via the Print Manager to a PCL
printer or to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER.

*  Anyone that develops electronic forms applications in HP PCL should have
a copy of this valuable troubleshooting and papersaving tool kit, which also
comes with PCLCodes.  PCLCodes converts HP PCL5 into readable text for
analyzing PCL print datastreams.

*  FormView can print PCL5 files to any Windows printer driver, including
PDF, HP PCL6 (XL), HP DeskJets, Canon BubbleJets, Windows GDI or TIFF
printers.

With FormView, HP PCL5, the world's most popular print file format, becomes
a truly archivable and portable.  HP PCL files are generally smaller and
faster than PDF files.  This means you can send the same professional
looking documents you just printed as an email attachment.  And, do with
taking-up less Internet bandwidth, time and communications expense.

FormView Program (freeware) 16-bit/32-bit is located at
www.pcltools.com/freeware.htm

Bob Pooley

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

Hi!

Im new to Clipper, and have a project to finish that requires the output
to go to a Government form.  I must admit, it is a {*filter*} one.  Is there
any tools for creating forms?  I know it gets even more complicated with
all the print drivers/printer.  However, if one does not exist, there
certainly is a tool worth developing!  Think of it... a generic language
that would allow us to specify lines, intersections, and boxes where data
resides.  Then supply the data to the form to have it fill in a format
within the lines.

Yep, Im a newbie to databases, Cliper ... but not to forms.  Did a buch
years ago in C.  However, Im hoping for something already written to take
the burden off my already Clipper worn shoulders. :)

TIA for any help or ideas!

Jim

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

Jim,
  I don't know of a package to do gov't forms printing.  When I had to
do a few, I took the long road and used HP control codes to print the
entire form, and fill in the blanks with data as it was being printed.
I never suffered from misaligned data fields, but it was a hassle to
program it all.
HTH,
Myron

Quote:

>Hi!
>Im new to Clipper, and have a project to finish that requires the output
>to go to a Government form.  I must admit, it is a {*filter*} one.  Is there
>any tools for creating forms?  I know it gets even more complicated with
>all the print drivers/printer.  However, if one does not exist, there
>certainly is a tool worth developing!  Think of it... a generic language
>that would allow us to specify lines, intersections, and boxes where data
>resides.  Then supply the data to the form to have it fill in a format
>within the lines.

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

Quote:
> Im new to Clipper, and have a project to finish that requires the
> output to go to a Government form.  I must admit, it is a {*filter*}
> one.  Is there any tools for creating forms?  I know it gets even
> more complicated with all the print drivers/printer.  However, if
> one does not exist, there certainly is a tool worth developing!
> Think of it... a generic language that would allow us to specify
> lines, intersections, and boxes where data resides. Then supply
> the data to the form to have it fill in a format within the lines.

James,
I don't know how US government forms looks like, but I had quite
experience with complex forms and I know it can get really {*filter*}
<g>. I wrote a program that works with forms which are in use in
customs procedure, and most complex of them (a local version of
UCD-Unified Customs Declaration) has more than 200 fields on
single sheet of paper. AFAIK there is no any Clipper tool that can
ease the process of creating form management system - there are
few screen form generators and report tools but it's certainly not
the thing you are looking for. Two major problems I had were creating
input screens (including entry logic such as cross-validation, disabling
and enabling specific fields, help system, auto-fill, etc. - solved with
heavy tweaked GetSys) and creating printing system that works on
different types of printers (not so hard, the boring part is to arrange
all fields on paper). I guess that you can't solve your problem with
government forms that easily <g>, but if you have a lot of them
maybe it's worth considering the development of some sort of
entry-form management system for Clipper.

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

wrote (possibly edited):

Quote:

>James,
>I don't know how US government forms looks like, but I had quite
>experience with complex forms and I know it can get really {*filter*}
><g>.

[CAUTION:  Attempted humour follows]

Would it be easier to change the government than to change the forms?

Don

"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep - like my
grandfather - not screaming like the passengers in  his car."

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

Quote:

> [CAUTION:  Attempted humour follows]

> Would it be easier to change the government than to change the forms?

> Don

Do you mean that there are alternative parties who have "form changes or
no changes" as an election issue? On the other hand if Australia can
tolerate the "More Beer" party, why not?

Pass me the slogan placard and paint pot ...

Ross McKenzie
Melbourne Australia

Wed, 05 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PCL printing commands for HP 2500C

2. printing to pcl HP-Desk Jet

3. Wrong colors when printing to HP Colorlaser Jet 4550 PCL 5c

4. Tintools print previewer prints too many pages

5. Need to convert PCL print file to PDF

6. Help: Printing graphics using PCL

7. Printing image files inline using PCL

8. O/T: PCL Printing in reverse video ?

9. Printing BMP using PCL

10. How do I set print font for ASCII View Print Procedure

11. Summer '87 Print Output To Print Manager??

12. Printing formated output from a Clipper program to HP printers