FREE Virus Alert Newsletter
Author Message
 FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

Did you know that:

...6 to 9 NEW computer viruses are discovered EVERY SINGLE DAY??

...That between August of last year and February of this year there have
been 217 documented NEW macro viruses alone?

How can you win the battle against computer viruses? Subscribe to Lorge
Technology Publishing's newest publication Inoculation!.

Inoculation! is debuting on Wednesday, March 19th. Whenever we find out
about a new virus, you1ll find out! Within 2 hours of our notification,
you will receive an email from us with all the details.

This is a free service of Lorge Technology Publishing, Publishers of the
LARGEST publication on groupware and messaging, Groupware News.

the subject and body enter 3Subscribe2 and you will be all set.

I1m looking forward to having you as a subscriber!

Cheers!

Tim Lorge
Editor & Publisher

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

        [ snip... ]

does it help against spam, too?

pat

Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

On 3/6/97 3:02AM, in message

Quote:

> Did you know that:

> ...6 to 9 NEW computer viruses are discovered EVERY SINGLE DAY??

> ...That between August of last year and February of this year there have
> been 217 documented NEW macro viruses alone?

> How can you win the battle against computer viruses? Subscribe to Lorge
> Technology Publishing's newest publication Inoculation!.

> Inoculation! is debuting on Wednesday, March 19th. Whenever we find out
> about a new virus, you1ll find out! Within 2 hours of our notification,
> you will receive an email from us with all the details.

This is a joke right ?

A recent report published indicated that of the 000's of viruses out there , only
200-300 World Wide ,could be considered active. Active being defined as
having been reported as infecting more than 2 machines in the past yr.
Most viurses that were considered active usual fell into geographical areas as
well.

Of all the nasties out there i have only ever encountered exebug ({*filter*} ,fast
acting little {*filter*} which originated here in South Africa) and the
Stoned/Italian A virus. Thats its.

So , a new virus comes out in tim buck two & within 2 hrs i know about it .
Like i'm gonna really panick ???

Ooh , Ahh , quick !!, phone Dr solomons and upgrade my  vchecker for the 23rd
time this month.

IMHO , another get rich quick on the internet scheme.

--
Sean Webb , Spyder Computing
Security & Risk Management Systems (Shopping Malls, Waterfronts, Guarding

Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

2. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

3. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

4. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

5. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

6. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

7. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

8. Product Support Services - Moderate Security Alert - Virus Alert: Klez-E

9. EMAIL VIRUS ALERT

10. Virus Alert

11. Virus alert

12. Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it