set dos env's in clipper app??????
Author Message
 set dos env's in clipper app??????

Been looking for a way to setup a dos enviorment variable from within my
apps. I would  assigne a name to a dos set and have all my app check
there before asking for a login name and user password in each exe file
on the same work station.

The user leaves for a reason or an other can erase it with a batch file
or even from with in an app, and if the system crashes the dos set
erasses it self.

HELP SOME ONE ???????

--

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~yeojr

        Tel: 1(418)871-6106
        Fax: 1(418)871-6760

    ***************************

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 set dos env's in clipper app??????

Quote:

> Been looking for a way to setup a dos enviorment variable from within my
> apps. I would  assigne a name to a dos set and have all my app check
> there before asking for a login name and user password in each exe file
> on the same work station.

Use need to set the parent environment, not the program's.
FUNCKY has _putenv(parent(), 'var=value').

later
--

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 set dos env's in clipper app??????

Quote:
> Been looking for a way to setup a dos enviorment variable from within my
> apps. I would  assigne a name to a dos set and have all my app check
> there before asking for a login name and user password in each exe file
> on the same work station.

> The user leaves for a reason or an other can erase it with a batch file
> or even from with in an app, and if the system crashes the dos set
> erasses it self.

>     http://www.total.net/~yeojr
>         Tel: 1(418)871-6106
>         Fax: 1(418)871-6760

If you have Funcky, there are a few environment functions under the "DOS
ENVIRONMENT" section that may serve your purpose.

--
Don Andersen
RAT Software

Don the Rat (Formal Title:  Donald the Rodent)

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 set dos env's in clipper app??????

Don Andersen wrote :

Quote:

>If you have Funcky, there are a few environment functions under the "DOS
>ENVIRONMENT" section that may serve your purpose.

Same question i ask twice or more : Where could i have information on Funcky
and where could i buy it ?

TIA

Didier CAPDEVIELLE
Comite Technique Permanent du Reseau SIBIL France

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 set dos env's in clipper app??????

I bought Funcky in Australia some time ago, registered and NEVER heard
another thing - no version upgrade advice, nothing.  I guess they lost my
address.
BTW, I've never needed support either - it all works just fine with 5.2e.

The latest address I have is:
        dLesko Customer Support
        PO Box 3166
        Jersey City, N.J. 07303-3166
Direct order line:
        201.435.8410
Nothing on Internet or Compuserve at that time as far as I know.  Perhaps
Yahoo will find?

--
Don Andersen
RAT Software
61 07 3881 2432

Don the Rat (Formal Title:  Donald the Rodent)

Quote:
> Same question i ask twice or more : Where could i have information on
Funcky
> and where could i buy it ?

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 set dos env's in clipper app??????

Quote:

>I bought Funcky in Australia some time ago, registered and NEVER heard
>another thing - no version upgrade advice, nothing.  I guess they lost my
>address.
>BTW, I've never needed support either - it all works just fine with 5.2e.
>The latest address I have is:
>    dLesko Customer Support
>    PO Box 3166
>    Jersey City, N.J. 07303-3166
>Direct order line:
>    201.435.8410
>Nothing on Internet or Compuserve at that time as far as I know.  Perhaps
>Yahoo will find?
>--
>Don Andersen
>RAT Software
>61 07 3881 2432

>Don the Rat (Formal Title:  Donald the Rodent)

>> Same question i ask twice or more : Where could i have information on
>Funcky
>> and where could i buy it ?

Hello :)
        I found this page just as a random try www.dlesko.com, it's under
construction but they are moving into the net.

                                Bye Mariano

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 set dos env's in clipper app??????

Quote:

> Been looking for a way to setup a dos enviorment variable from within my
> apps. I would  assigne a name to a dos set and have all my app check
> there before asking for a login name and user password in each exe file
> on the same work station.

> The user leaves for a reason or an other can erase it with a batch file
> or even from with in an app, and if the system crashes the dos set
> erasses it self.

> HELP SOME ONE ???????

Found what I was looking for. Ah what would we do with out the net and
all it users.

ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper/general/cwtools1.zip

This zip contains three or four assembler functions. The orignal source
was modified by ( Read it! ) to work with protected mode linking, but
simply remove the modifications and ....
A perfectly good function to write directly to dos all the varables you
need.

--

    http://www.total.net/~yeojr

        Tel: 1(418)871-6106
        Fax: 1(418)871-6760

    ***************************

Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. set dos env's in clipper app??????

2. Migrating DOS/Clipper Apps to Windows/Clipper Apps

3. DOS based Clipper app and WIndows dll's

4. unset env, array set env ...

5. DOS Clipper app -> visual app

6. DOS Clipper app -> visual app

7. trace and vwait don't catch env() when set in another interp

8. can't read env(DISPLAY) from regexp with $env(DISPLAY)

9. Coexistance of Clipper/Comix/DOS with Win32 app [?]

10. Clipper app not working in DOS box

11. TCP/IP connection from Clipper DOS app?

12. Win32 compiler for Dos Clipper App